Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the round brake lights has the toyota emblem on it?

I never noticed this before until i was washing my car today, and my gf noticed it.

She told me that i spent all that money on a Toyota and that i should get a refund. :lol:

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
A lot of the parts on our car are made by Toyota because Lexus is a division of Toyota. And yes, we all bought an overpriced Corolla, but it sure looks a shitload better than anything else on the road (sans Ferraris and other high end cars that cost a lot more than the IS).

·
Premium Member
52,535 Posts
Once you start looking around, you'll find Toyota parts ID stickers and markings all over the car. Kinda like a Mercury will have Ford parts, etc, etc.

But a Corolla? I thought those were subcompact FWD cars.

·
Registered
385 Posts
danielm said:
I wish the IS300 would come under Toyota and not Lexus, would be a better car.
How? It would make no difference except maybe it'd be cheaper but w/ less customer service.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
It would be a lot cheaper, be most likly offered with the 3SG BEAMS engine :p , be offered without a sunroof, less airbags, lighter..... it would be a much better sports car, in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't get me wrong....i love my IS.

I just find it odd that it would be labeled with Toyota on some parts.

·
Registered
924 Posts
BugginOuT said:

Just beneath the surface of a Lexus IS300 is a Toyota Altezza waiting to get out. :chill:

Too bad Toyota didn't bring over the Altezza and sell for $20K as a "Scion xZ" or something instead of dropping a 2JZ-GE in it and trying to sell it as a $30K "Lexus." :(

·
Registered
497 Posts
:crazy: whoa i never noticed that...

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
JPis300 said:
danielm said:
How? It would make no difference except maybe it'd be cheaper but w/ less customer service.
Exactly how much service does a Toyota/Lexus require service?? Lexus is still number one in reliability and least run ins into problems. Alot of the owners here go to customer service to get insignificant, small non-surfacing problems to go get it checked.

I work in the Signal/Telecom world. It's just that there will always be the "intelectual winners" out there. The car owners and the users of communications. I dont blame them. They aren't just educated or enligtened to a level of degree.

But the IS300 would be alot cheaper as a Toyota. Can't really complain with the 3S-GE personally. The 2JZ-GE is more daily driver though. Dont think alot of the IS owners here want to tach above 4000 for power all the time.

·
Registered
385 Posts
AltezzaBob said:
JPis300 said:
danielm said:
Exactly how much service does a Toyota/Lexus require service?? Lexus is still number one in reliability and least run ins into problems. Alot of the owners here go to customer service to get insignificant, small non-surfacing problems to go get it checked.

I work in the Signal/Telecom world. It's just that there will always be the "intelectual winners" out there. The car owners and the users of communications. I dont blame them. They aren't just educated or enligtened to a level of degree.

But the IS300 would be alot cheaper as a Toyota. Can't really complain with the 3S-GE personally. The 2JZ-GE is more daily driver though. Dont think alot of the IS owners here want to tach above 4000 for power all the time.
Less customer service as in the quality of service you receive (ie treating you well), not as in the number of service visits. Lexus owners get better customer service.

·
Registered
807 Posts
The Chief said:
BugginOuT said:

Just beneath the surface of a Lexus IS300 is a Toyota Altezza waiting to get out. :chill:

Too bad Toyota didn't bring over the Altezza and sell for $20K as a "Scion xZ" or something instead of dropping a 2JZ-GE in it and trying to sell it as a $30K "Lexus." :(

dont you think a hell of a lot more people would have an IS if it was 20k? Im actally pretty happy. Look how many WRX's there are now... :roll:

·
Registered
608 Posts
hummm.. i rather call it a toyota than a lexus. saying "LEXUS" makes me feel like a little rich boy, and believe me, im far from

·
Premium Member
8,851 Posts
phamous101 said:
hummm.. i rather call it a toyota than a lexus. saying "LEXUS" makes me feel like a little rich boy, and believe me, im far from
what's wrong w/ lota $? :wink:

·
Registered
385 Posts
dasgalloway said:
I wouldn't have bought it if it was a Toyota.

If you want a toyo sports car go get a Celica. Leave my IS alone.
So you're saying if everything was the same except for the L badge, you wouldn't get it?

·
Registered
166 Posts
What some people forget sometimes is that Lexus is not a car manufacturer. It is just a brand name under Toyota. You will not find any parts that have Lexus in the part number for that reason. There are no Lexus plants. There are only Toyota plants that produce Lexus versons of Toyota vehicles along with Toyota vehicles.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.