Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,279 Posts
- I was thinking of doing it, probably cost around $2K-$3K..
- but nah, I wanna get a bike instead...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,746 Posts
dut said:
- I was thinking of doing it, probably cost around $2K-$3K..
- but nah, I wanna get a bike instead...
not 2-3k if you have to do it right and not find great deals like Bpointer did with my old parts..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
uuuuh, no. you wont be able to do it for 3. maybe 4 if you dont get a I.C., gauges, full exhaust and a good fuel management. you would be surprised how quickly little things add up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,279 Posts
fairuza11 said:
not 2-3k if you have to do it right and not find great deals like Bpointer did with my old parts..
- not if you used to work at a shop and can get great deals... :crazy:

- but yea, fuel management is costly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,157 Posts
finally, something to quell all of the dreamers

you should post this in every delusional, or potentially delusional post that you see

-gte





vahe said:
uuuuh, no. you wont be able to do it for 3. maybe 4 if you dont get a I.C., gauges, full exhaust and a good fuel management. you would be surprised how quickly little things add up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
I did it relatively cheap but I had the hook up pretty deep. You aren't doing it for less that $4500 I'd say and at that price you're better off going with someone that has already gone through the headache for you.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,858 Posts
Thank you. Vahe.

Try telling that to this one gal that e-mailed us. She said all the Lexus tuners should sell the kits for no more than $2.5K retail, and that we were trying to rip her off. I basically told her , if she could get me the same exact kit for $2.5K I would like to order 100 and have a check for $250K ready for her..... Never heard from her again. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,142 Posts
Been there, done that, everything got messed up. Tuners fault though. I wouldnt recommend it unless you know what you are doing and trust the person that is doing it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,410 Posts
I had all intentions to peice my kit together, but since PFS is so close and has great support - ryan and ray, I would rather spend jus a little bit more. Even though I can get jus about any part at cost, its stills a pretty penny. The only thing you get out of a pieced kit is your taste in parts thats about it.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top