Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lexus Is300
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Window Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

Looking for someone who knows, has ordered, or possible have this in their car. Is it a factory only special order? Does the company that make this no longer in business? Some insight or help would be greatly appreciated. I've looked everywhere on the internet for this and I just can't find it. My best friend had this on his car with a brushed alilunimum dash kit when he bought the car though nobody I talked to that has this has any idea where to find it other than it was installed I'm I guessing when the car first came out. Talked to the dealer talked to the Lexus corp office, no leads. Looks really sick and I want to buy it but can't find it.

·
Registered
2005 Lexus Is300
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
huh, I've never seen that before (and I had a dash kit). I wonder if it's custom.
I have a kit thats almost the same but doesn't have the is300 logo on it. I've seen it in a few peoples cars. First time I saw it was in my best friends car but it was there when he bought the car so we have no idea where it came from. I was hoping maybe some original owners may know.

·
Registered
2001 AR5 Swap, Built NA-T, Standalone
284 Posts
I have a kit thats almost the same but doesn't have the is300 logo on it. I've seen it in a few peoples cars. First time I saw it was in my best friends car but it was there when he bought the car so we have no idea where it came from. I was hoping maybe some original owners may know.
Does it say L Tuned?

·
Registered
2005 Lexus Is300
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Car Vehicle Sky Motor vehicle Automotive design
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Speedometer
Car Speedometer Vehicle Motor vehicle Radio

Pictures don't do it justice either. I really gives the car a new race/sporty feel. Plus I got a really bad sticky dash so this kind of takes the attention away from it. But its almost the same as the one I posted but for whatever reason there is no is300 logo which is really disappointing and I can't find any dash kit that has it at all like I said. It would of looked perfect.

·
Mr. Roo
Super Moderator
10,123 Posts
Nice! I got the "Remin" version, the full one on mine. I can see the schematics for the "sherwood" version, and it does show that little chrome bar thing on that one piece. I never knew what that was on the schematics, now I know. My guess (if the IS300 part isn't custom) is that they stopped producing the part with "IS300" on it due to copyright/lawsuit issues.

·
Registered
2005 Lexus Is300
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice! I got the "Remin" version, the full one on mine. I can see the schematics for the "sherwood" version, and it does show that little chrome bar thing on that one piece. I never knew what that was on the schematics, now I know. My guess (if the IS300 part isn't custom) is that they stopped producing the part with "IS300" on it due to copyright/lawsuit issues.
Well I talk to the guy and he said he never did that. the guy who sold them at auto accessories garage unless they did and he just didn't know about it and they got in trouble with Lexus. Which is kind of dumb since its just a logo and its going in an is300. Because I did see some of their dash kits did have the logo like mustang.

·
Registered
2005 Lexus Is300
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you show the full kit though. I'm curious to see what that look like I might get it on my next is300 the one I'm going to boost.

·
Mr. Roo
Super Moderator
10,123 Posts
Can you show the full kit though. I'm curious to see what that look like I might get it on my next is300 the one I'm going to boost.
I got mine from here
Ebony Zebra, very subtle

Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting Tire

Glasses Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Gadget

Tool Gas Auto part Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Gas Engineering Bumper Automotive design

Car Vehicle Speedometer Gear shift Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle Speedometer

Vehicle Car Window Motor vehicle Steering part

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel Steering part

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design

Car Speedometer Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part

·
Registered
2005 Lexus Is300
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hot,
Looks brand new almost. Must of did a dash swap because I can tell that's not a 2001 car. Though I have to ask where those three buttons by your steering wheel come from? is that OEM or did you install those?

·
Mr. Roo
Super Moderator
10,123 Posts
Hot,
Looks brand new almost. Must of did a dash swap because I can tell that's not a 2001 car. Though I have to ask where those three buttons by your steering wheel come from? is that OEM or did you install those?
Indeed, I did a full interior/dash restore with this, with the 01 dash and upgraded leather door panels. I really loved how it turned out.

The rocker switches on the side there are something I added. They control the front DRLs, the rear fog lights, and the front LED off-road lights.

Plant Car Blue Vehicle Steering wheel

1 - 13 of 13 Posts