Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a custom plate for the front...since CA makes us put a plate on there, I'm going to have to put something good. I want the Euro plate...you guys know, the long thin one.

Any help?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Yeah, Europe. That's the only place to get them. Since we live in the US, you will have to use the appropriate state plate.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
re

I saw one in person on an Audi and it looked bad ass. Do you guys think it would be gay to put euro plates on a U.S. IS300? I just liked the way it looked cause it was different......

-Yamaha Dave

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: re

yamahadave said:
I saw one in person on an Audi and it looked bad ass. Do you guys think it would be ghey to put euro plates on a U.S. IS300? I just liked the way it looked cause it was different......

-Yamaha Dave
I don't think it would be gay...but then again, I'm the one looking for one. I had one on my VR6 a few years back, and loved the look. It's just a cool change IMO. Anyways, I found a company that makes them custom w/ 11 letters...so I'll let you guys know what I get.

Any suggestions? I can say a lot w/ 11 letters.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I found one too. Cost is $70.00 for authentic imported euro plates, customized with your tag #......

-Yamaha Dave

·
8,880 Posts
yamahadave said:
I found one too. Cost is $70.00 for authentic imported euro plates, customized with your tag #......

-Yamaha Dave
Not to bash on the idea, but...
How can it be authentic if it is Euro Plate with a US plate number, customized? :-?
Authentic fake, it may be. :roll:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Re

They are imported euro blank plates. When they get to the U.S. you can specify which letters/numbers you want. So they are embossed and painted here in the U.S.

-Yamaha Dave

·
8,880 Posts
I wonder how legal it all is.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yamahadave said:

-Yamaha Dave
I found them for $35 then $20 for the frame...so that's $55. I don't know what the diff is between ours...but whateva.

Legality? Not sure. Never got hassled for it when I had it on my VW...then again, I was living in Dallas at the time. We'll see I guess.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm sure the guys who got fix-it tickets would love to sell you theirs, any license plate that is not issued by DMV including euro style is illegal in california

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
snafflekid said:
I'm sure the guys who got fix-it tickets would love to sell you theirs, any license plate that is not issued by DMV including euro style is illegal in california
I figured it was illegal. Damn DMV taking all the fun away.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I figured it was illegal. Damn DMV taking all the fun away.
Effective 1/6/11
VC 5200 $178 Proper display of license plates.
Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.

I got a cool Black with Red letter euro style plate with my real lic # on it. Probably have to switch it when i get a ticket. :( It will be worth it IMO, been there with old ride, plus im almost always in a structure of sorts.

·
Registered
175 Posts
that makes sense, a japanese car with europlates ....
LOL, no kidding. I had one on my BMW, but now it just decorates my garage as it wouldn't look right on the car.

On a side note, search "Japanese License Plates" or even "2JZ plate(!)" on eBay and I think you'll like what you see, not to mention the size of those plates should fit a US-sized frame. I'm thinking of getting one of those myself. Got to keep it authentic. ;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
i just saw this and LOLed, i can drive to ramstine and get custom euro plates for 15 euro on post...

this is mine

and for my buddys supra

1 - 18 of 18 Posts