Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm buying a set of used winter tires- and not sure if they'll fit- how do i check the offset on a set of rims? they're listed as 205/55/16- i think that's ok, but not sure bout the offset!
anyone? :roll:

·
8,827 Posts
Tires or tires and rims?
Rims have offsets, tires do not.
What you have listed is a perfect fit for 16" stock rims.

P.S.
This belongs to tires/wheels forum.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Damn, when I read the title I thought you were thinking about putting Daytons and spacers on, BLING BLING!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
16" is the minimum for wheel sizes for the IS. Any smaller and it will not fit around the calipers.

Be wary of the spoke style/pattern too. For some wheels, if the spokes are too thick or curve inward, they can hit the calipers. I know some people experienced this when they got their first set of winter wheels.

-crontab -l

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
crontab said:
16" is the minimum for wheel sizes for the IS. Any smaller and it will not fit around the calipers.

Be wary of the spoke style/pattern too. For some wheels, if the spokes are too thick or curve inward, they can hit the calipers. I know some people experienced this when they got their first set of winter wheels.

-crontab -l
yes- this is why i was asking how to find the offset on rims!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jefe said:
If the seller had an IS, then I would hope that they fit your car too. :)
well..no! :-? if that was the case then i don't think that i'd be asking this question at all! believe it or not- the questions i ask actually do have relevance! :wink:

·
Registered
237 Posts
brc said:
jefe said:
If the seller had an IS, then I would hope that they fit your car too. :)
well..no! :-? if that was the case then i don't think that i'd be asking this question at all! believe it or not- the questions i ask actually do have relevance! :wink:
:lol: I didn't mean it like that. I saw your WTB post and I was under the impression that that guy offering his wheels to you had sold his IS, but was selling you the wheels. Good luck though. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.