Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the winter...i'm looking to get some 16s to go with my 02 is300. i'm able to get some rx300 16s for a good price. would they fit on my is300? my lexus dealer said it should. not sure if i trust them though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i just found out that the rx300 wheels are 16x6.5 with 35mm offset. would this fit the is300?

thanks.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
if the dealer says they'll fit they should. And if they don't they'll be taking them back off and giving you your money back. whats the problem? :-?

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
If not I got some 16" SC 400 wheels 16X6.5 I believe they have a +50 offset like the stock wheels with tires on them as well :wink:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you have pics of your sc400 wheels? just curious to see how they would look. if they look good...would definitely consider getting them. if you are selling of course.

so the is300 16s have a +50 offset? and sounds like the rx300 16s have +35 offset...is that a big difference? i'm not familiar with offsets.

and you said that the sc400 is +50 as well?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i called couple of other lexus dealers and they didn't think the rx300 wheels would fit. too much gap in the offset numbers.

both are 16x6.5 wheels. but offset for is300 is +50 and rx300 is +35. they said that would not work.

i'm so confused now. i thought i was squared away by getting the rx300 wheels.

sucks.

ideas?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i want to make these 16s my main all year wheels. not too fond of the rav4 steelies.

i know looks are subjective...but i think the rx300 wheels are pretty nice.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Can't you just get the stock 16" wheels then?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i could...although that's my least liked option. since i find the stock 16s fugly. and they are also crazy expensive due to it being lexus wheels.

unless i can find them for cheap at my lexus dealer. they are the ones offering the rx300 wheels at low price. since they have a bunch of them lying around.

as for the stock is300 wheels...not sure if they have them in stock. i just don't care for the look though.

just when i decided on what tires to get...now i have to figure out the wheels situation (thought it was squared away).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts