Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever experienced this? i mean..it's ugly, and i look around at some of the other 2001's out there, and i don't see them that bad..
anyone else? does anyone know if i can get it replaced under warranty?

thanks all...

·
8,880 Posts
brc said:
Wing Zero said:
mines rusty too.
...are all the snow-belt peoples' lexus' like that???
That is the case.
There was someone in the past, long time ago, that got the rusted mufler replaced under warranty.

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
both of thos eare not his....... he is just comparing the two.

im not sure on the warranty thing......its worth a shot.....a guiy i know got his calipers warrantied, wheel .

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Yeh its under warranty im pretty sure as my dealer (Lexus of Sacramento) gave me a new exhaust with no argument when the tip was getting rusty and corroded...then i jus sold it on the .net and got the HKS Carbon Ti :D

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
brc said:
collection said:

I think that this is Soys
was that a warranty replacement? or did u simply fork over money?
thanks.
The rusty one is s0y's. He took it off to replace it with a 5Zigen muffler. I don't know if it's going to be covered under warranty for appearance reasons. If it starts falling apart at the welds before 36k miles it's a different story.

-Justin

·
Registered
589 Posts
I think you cali people are spoiled -- hardly get rain on your car -- let alone anything worse...

mine is no longer shiny -- it isn't rust, just not shiny -- i doubt they'd replace it..

I'd bet if you got down there with an apporpiate cleaner it will take most of the gunk off and shine up pretty good..

d

1 - 14 of 14 Posts