Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that its gunna come in stick, but are there any engine, interior or exterior differences. Oh and when will they start to sell?

·
Registered
55 Posts
2001's are geting armrest, body colored tail lights, lumbar seats, and memory on driver side power seat. I also think they're changing the front grille.

·
13,978 Posts
Originally posted by rob3379:
2001's are geting armrest, body colored tail lights, lumbar seats, and memory on driver side power seat. I also think they're changing the front grille.

where did you hear this from??? is this definite?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
The 5 speed
and the GPS/NAV system are confirmed.

All those other things are rumors (as far as I am concerned).

I got some confirmation that body colored tail-lights will be coming eventually, but not necessarily next year.

·
Registered
55 Posts
No that's not them. There talking about the inner part (chrome area) is painted the body color of the car. The smoked ones are already available.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

I know that in Europe, the IS200 is definitely replacing the front grilles to the current ones used on the IS300. Are you sure they're changing the current front grille on the IS300????

·
Registered
125 Posts
Originally posted by TEG:
The 5 speed
and the GPS/NAV system are confirmed.

All those other things are rumors (as far as I am concerned).

I got some confirmation that body colored tail-lights will be coming eventually, but not necessarily next year.
What type of NAV system are they using in the '02? What I mean is will it fit the '01 in the lint collector (Altezza Style)?

------------------
SBM/BLK Leather

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Originally posted by BLUEBYU:
What type of NAV system are they using in the '02? What I mean is will it fit the '01 in the lint collector (Altezza Style)?

I have heard no it will not fit.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I think the new DVD NAV system will be touch screen, and DVD-ROM based (and can probably play DVD movies when the car is in Park). Perhaps similar to the new system on the LX470.

I have no idea if it will go in that spot, or if the dash will be redesigned. I also doubt any dealer will be willing to try to retrofit one to a 2001 model IS300....

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Word up to that... Looks like some cheap Rice accessory...
Originally posted by kkambbak9399:
The body-colored tailights are for all colors except silver and white...
honestly i think there gonna be nasty lookin...

late

------------------
~soybomb~

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Originally posted by s0yb0mb:
Word up to that... Looks like some cheap Rice accessory...

Well said!!!!! But however, you've gotta remember the Altezza is one of the commonly riced-up vehicles in Japan......

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Rob, I remember seein the smoked ones.. does anyone have any pix???

No that's not them. There talking about the inner part (chrome area) is painted the body color of the car. The smoked ones are already available.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
The IS200's grille is already the same as the IS300's.

I think the rumor was that the Altezza in Japan will get the change in grilles.

Originally posted by dude:

I know that in Europe, the IS200 is definitely replacing the front grilles to the current ones used on the IS300. Are you sure they're changing the current front grille on the IS300????

1 - 16 of 16 Posts