Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on this forum run replica BBS wheels? I am looking for a set for my IS300, and don't want to pay an arm/leg for real BBS's. They are hella expensive. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
check Rial wheels...think they are like 400+ a wheel

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
ASA's are owned and made by BBS so you know they're a good wheel for the money.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Please do not get the BB5 LM knock offs... I've known a couple people that have broken them over potholes.

ASA is licensed by BBS, but they aren't manufactured by BBS. They have the same design quality, but the build quality is not quite the same.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there a decent brand that produces wheels that look like the BBS LMs or CH ?

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Yes, its called BBS... Knock off brands will never have the quality of the originals, you get what you pay for with wheels.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Is there a decent brand that produces wheels that look like the BBS LMs or CH ?
Rota has a 18" BBS CH replica, alot of people in the subaru community uses their wheel without problems...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I was on the beemer forums and they are pretty lucky. A couple companys make ezact replicas of the lm and they are pretty cheap. Too bad they dont fit our cars

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Look up Luff M1s. I know they make sizes for BMW's and Porchse's but not sure if they make them in a 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rota makes the 'Formula' which is nice, but finding one that fits our bore and offset is tough. I can get the +35 offset on a 18x8 with a hub bore that fits our car, but the +45 has too small of a hub bore.

Why is that so difficult to get the sizing....!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Why settle for less? Go with the best! BBS all the way.

I'll take quality over quanity anyday of the week.
no offense but you cant take quality of quantity with wheels. cheap or expensive you always need the same quantity, four wheels! and he said he DOES NOT want to spend the money for BBS's. so please try to post solutions. i would also say go with the work vsxx. these are a high quality mesh wheel that can be found used for a great price. pm if you like this wheel i might be able to put you in contact with a guy who can find them for you used. good luck

·
Banned
118 Posts
ASA are not "fake" BBS. ASA is owned by BBS.

BBS is a race wheel.

ASA is a street trim wheel. If you look on the inside of the cap of any of the AR1s, it says "PRODUCT OF BBS". My brother use to have a pair on his Honda S2000. Yes, they are cheaper but the forge process is the same exact. It's not like rocking Prada, and then someone rocking a knock off pair. The R&D is the SAME EXACT in the ASAs are the BBS wheels. The only difference is BBS is race engineered and can sell because of "BBS" printed in the wheel.

Don't be fooled, AR1s and AR2s are NOT replicas of LMs. Completely different wheel.

ASA AR1s are ONE PIECE forged.

BBS LMs are TWO PIECE forged.

Big difference.

Get your facts right.

·
Banned
118 Posts
Why settle for less? Go with the best! BBS all the way.

I'll take quality over quanity anyday of the week.
Quality over quanity?

Your still getting four wheels no matter how shitty and knock off they could be. Your comment makes no sense. That can apply to other basics in the world but not four wheels, that you need to make the short yellow bus go round and round. This is why BBS can sell RACE ENGINEERED WHEELS so you can pick up groceries that much quicker, for people like you.

:thumbsup: BBS, keep it up, gotta love the people that give you a street rep as well as a race wheel rep. :)

This is why ASA was created, so when you get to the store, you can still afford whatever you got there for.

Has nothing to do with QUALITY.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
If you want quality, get the real BBS.

My issue is people getting cheap rims and put the BBS logo/centercap in place of it. Don't be a poser.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts