Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad to say some idiot decided to play tag with my IS and now I'm in need of a collison repair shop on his tab.

Anyone know of one in Jersey/NY/Ct that specialized in Lexus Repair??? I don't want to take it to any old shop and end up having a two tone car =(

any suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks,

·
Registered
515 Posts
Originally posted by pogie:
Sad to say some idiot decided to play tag with my IS and now I'm in need of a collison repair shop on his tab.

Anyone know of one in Jersey/NY/Ct that specialized in Lexus Repair??? I don't want to take it to any old shop and end up having a two tone car =(

any suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks,
What happened to your car?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Dude,

Sorry to hear about your car. I just had a nice dent taken out of mine as well. The bottom line is that a skilled body shop is a skilled body shop. They all have access to the same OEM parts and paint materials. You won't wind up with a two-tone car if the person knows what they're doing. Generally, they will never use paint out of a can from the factory because there is so much variation in the batches. A good paint guy will take the gas door off and have a machine do a color match for shade, metalic content, and texture. They then paint the effected area and blend it to the surrounding panels. I had a nice dent in my front fender that required them to replace the panel. They painted the new fender as well as blended the hood and door. The eye can't pick up any color change.

If you want to be safe, go to your local Lexus dealer and find out where they have their body work done. Generally dealerships don't even have their own in-house people, but they outsource it to a local shop. My dealer in Westport, CT used a shop one town over but acts as the agent for arranging work. The representative from the body shop that works out of the dealer even has his own Lexus business cards. I would just ask around and find someone who you trust and does good work. Just be sure that he specs out original OEM replacement parts. As long as this is the case, there is relatively little value in getting it done at a dealership.

·
Registered
348 Posts
MOdel Body SHop in Millburn, Nj..they one of the preferred shop of Warnock Lexus...they do great work ask for Jimmy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is a great auto body in Rahway...I got my IS fixed there after somebody tried breaking in..Its Quality Auto Body...They specialize in LExus and Benz..All the hot cars and expensive ones...This place was recommended to me by my dealer, one of the best in the state..Hope that helps..They did a great job on mine and get it back to you quick so you don;t miss the car too much..Dropped it off on a Monday and picked it up on a Saturday morning..Cause this was the busiest time in the beginning of summer..

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't know where in NJ you are, but H&K autobody in PHillipsburg did some work for me when someone pushed a shopping cart into my rear bumper. Perfect paint job. They also installed the bodykit on my brothers Tiburon about two weeks ago - kit looks factory. These Guys are great. I've been using them for a few years with the dealerships i've worked at, and I send my own customers to them. I've delt with alot of bodyshops in my career at dealers, and they are by far the best. Brand new shop, new equiptment, and "clean, intelligent" body techs. Definetly worth a call. (908)387-1080, ask for dave and tell him Paul told you to call. You won't be dissapointed. Also let me know how you make out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys,

After talking to my dealer they suggested Quality Auto Body in Rahway too...so that's where i'll be taking it. Thanks for the tip silver!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
SilverLexIS3oo
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing