Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone in the SF Bay Area has gottne pulled over for speeding. I've been doing a lot of speeding on freeways and streets and luckily haven't been caught yet...knock on wood.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I almost never see cops on 680 (the whole stretch between 280 changeover to sacramento, not counting SF Bay west side). 880 and 101 are pretty damn notorious for having cops on them. 237 has occasional CHP units. 580 is pretty clear most of the time. HWY 17 going to SantaCruz has a lot of cops there: as fun as that road is for driving, speedlimit is 50-55, and cops just sit there at turn outs waiting to bust you. Best bet is to get a valentine1 radar detector, it saved my buddy and I quite a bit of tickets going to SD.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
i got one in the supra on 680 going up towards san fran...the county was san mateo i think...if i remember right, it was like 85 in a 60 or something like that...

also got caught on the 101 going down to SLO once...that was like 85 or so...cop said i was doing 120+ but he said he can't prove that or something...

one more time on 101 near the san joe airport...got off that one...did traffic school...

once more near berryessa...did second level traffic school for that one...

got pulled over on 237...not for speeding tho...

also got pulled over for some stupid exhaust thing near wolf road in sunnyvale...cop gave me a ticket for intake not exhaust...after i argued with him for a while...had to go to the state referee...

i did manage to get a 150+ mph pass on the 880 racing another supra once...5th gear pass only...glad i never got caught there...

well, that's about it for me here in the bay...hawaii, is a diff story tho...

oh, btw...this was all in the supra...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop/black
90 Integra

[This message has been edited by HyperMKIV (edited January 03, 2001).]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by HyperMKIV:
i did manage to get a 150+ mph pass on the 880 racing another supra once...5th gear pass only...glad i never got caught there...

well, that's about it for me here in the bay...hawaii, is a diff story tho...

Damnit, I know you. name just popped out of my head though, it's been a while. You have a black supra with the carbon fiber spoiler, right? And you owned a mustang in hawaii, and your cars have always been named Hyper(etc) right? Don't know if you remember me, I'm alex with the black neon r/t

·
Registered
91 Posts
Anyone hit Skyline, down the peninsula yet? Great drive...

------------------
-jb-
'01 Black Onyx

·
11,062 Posts
Originally posted by BabyAltezza:
I'm planning on getting a radar detector too. Do you know how much those things run for? Are they legal?
Just don't get caught using one in Canada. The mounties aren't very understanding...(It's illegal there.)

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
auxilary (alex) - hey wassup...yeah...that's me...where did i meet you before??? street races??? just curious...

-jb- been to skyline with a bunch of other supras, rx7's and beemers in the fog one time...crazy when you blast thru there in the fog...must be really fun on a bike...you guys should see this one stretch of road called tantalus in hawaii...if i find a map of it, i'll post it so you can see the tight turns in that thing...it's so cool...kawasaki once did an advertisment for one of their bikes there...had a bike taking a turn on tantalus...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
90 Integra

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by HyperMKIV:
auxilary (alex) - hey wassup...yeah...that's me...where did i meet you before??? street races??? just curious...
Yeah, I was there with Kris (pKx) at one point when you guys met up with Alvin and Aaron and then went over to your place{?} when Perry was installing his AFC in the MR2 (before he wrecked it...how's his leg btw?)
And I've met up with you guys a few times before at In-N-Out

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
dude...what's up man??? did you get an IS too??? by the way...i live iin fremont now...still work in santa clara...

sorry guys...we'll take this offline...aux, email me at [email protected]

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
90 Integra

·
Registered
192 Posts
of course its legal....probably in all of 48 states....radar jammers are the ones that are illegal....some states they are legal though.

legal radar detectors go from 50 to 200 dollars....

QUOTE]Originally posted by BabyAltezza:
I'm planning on getting a radar detector too. Do you know how much those things run for? Are they legal?[/QUOTE]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
nemesiss
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing