Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive put a deposit on the is300 manual and i was browsing the web for the cars in the same price range and i saw the volvo s60. Nice car 250 hp 245 tq a little heavy but ive seen chips the get it to 310 hp. Any opinions?
Sentinel

·
Registered
458 Posts
I test drove that Bad Boy very nice car but doesn't have that sports car feel, or look. Don't get me wrong it has plenty of power and all the luxury items you would expect from Volvo (overall incredibley safe) In the final analysis you just can't pimp in it like you can in the IS

·
Registered
22 Posts
I test drove the T5 in Automatic, its a really nice car, smooth ride, very very good acceleration and a pretty nice interior. However, it's handling is not very responsive, it is not a real caynon carver by any means. Another aspect that I didn't like was the stock stereo wasn't too hot and you cannot get xenons not even as an option. Overall, I would rate the car as more luxury than performance, it all depends on what your looking for.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. If i got the volvo it be a 2001 car and should be pretty discounted, im a little concerned with what the dealers going to want for a is300 manual
Sentinel

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
The biggest problems with the S60...

1. turbo + FWD = torque steer
2. It's FWD... (supposedly, there will be an AWD S60 in the near future)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Different animal than the IS300. I'd take the IS300 and extra cash on mods rather than spend it on that S60. It's a nice lux ride...but in a different class.

·
Registered
63 Posts
T5 is a very very nice car. If it were the same price as an IS300 fully loaded, I pick the T5 over IS. However, if you add automatic, upgraded stereo, sunroof, leather, etc..T5 will be about 5K over the IS out the door. Besides, Lexus has better reliability and resale value over Volvo.
Just my 2 cents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.