Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am new here but I got a new IS300 and need help installing an SRT intake. My friend says he can install it but he was looking at it the other day and said it might be tough. I don't trust him since he has never worked on an IS. Can anyone help out a fellow lex driver? If anyone can help me out just email me or send me a private message on here. If you are running low on cash don't hesitate to let me know if you need some for helping me. I REALLY want to do it tomorrow, that is (Sunday the 9th) so let me know!!!! My email is: [email protected]
 

·
Not Officially Back
Joined
·
12,205 Posts
Heather02 said:
Hey, I am new here but I got a new IS300 and need help installing an SRT intake. My friend says he can install it but he was looking at it the other day and said it might be tough. I don't trust him since he has never worked on an IS. Can anyone help out a fellow lex driver? If anyone can help me out just email me or send me a private message on here. If you are running low on cash don't hesitate to let me know if you need some for helping me. I REALLY want to do it tomorrow, that is (Sunday the 9th) so let me know!!!! My email is: [email protected]
Do you have the instructions? The only hard part is splicing in the danged raceECU wires... installing the hardware is pretty straightforward. Get some 10 and 14 mm sockets and you'l be set.

If you haven't spliced/soldered wires before don't try it... last thing you want is for your car not to start. :eek: Get one of the Electrical Engineering guys to help out.

You friend might just want to score. :lol: "Hrmmmmm, looks pretty hard, you might have to go out to dinner with me in order to get it working..." :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I wasn't on here this morning. Yeah I don't know much about this stuff so don't even try to explain to me?! My bud knows some stuff but he would probably take four or five hours and still be unsure of how well it was done. I think Sunday isn't too good a day for me either. I am at UT during the week and have weekends off and am free Monday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday after 4pm. I mean I guess I can wait until I find someone but if anyone can help me out soon I would really appreciate it. The soldering wires sounds too delicate to let anyone who is not experienced do it. And Dinner a maybe but since I am so busy it would have to wait. :) Anyway, if anyone can help email me or leave me a message on here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And, no one has replied yet, but you guys don't need to help just cause I'm a chick! Chicks can install just as good as guys, i think? Help me cause we are IS lovers! I guess my buddy could help any of you out, he has tools and it might make things go faster, plus he has a garage. I never thought he might be trying to get laid? Hmmm, I hope none of you are thinking that! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,033 Posts
Heather02 said:
And, no one has replied yet, but you guys don't need to help just cause I'm a chick! Chicks can install just as good as guys, i think? Help me cause we are IS lovers! I guess my buddy could help any of you out, he has tools and it might make things go faster, plus he has a garage. I never thought he might be trying to get laid? Hmmm, I hope none of you are thinking that! :lol:
check these guys out

http://www.teamprolexaustin.com/main.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
617 Posts
Heather02 said:
Hey, I am new here but I got a new IS300 and need help installing an SRT intake. My friend says he can install it but he was looking at it the other day and said it might be tough. I don't trust him since he has never worked on an IS. Can anyone help out a fellow lex driver? If anyone can help me out just email me or send me a private message on here. If you are running low on cash don't hesitate to let me know if you need some for helping me. I REALLY want to do it tomorrow, that is (Sunday the 9th) so let me know!!!! My email is: [email protected]
Sorry for having to wait for somebody to reply to you but it would seem everybody's busy doing this, that, and the other. I would help you out except I've never installed an SRT intake and generally busy doing this, that, and the other. However, I think Paul (jdogg) or Chris (VVTIS) had an SRT intake at one point. Send them an PM. I'm sure they're more than happy to help. And if you're out of options, I'll help you read the installation manual! :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,249 Posts
ubiquitous said:
Sorry for having to wait for somebody to reply to you but it would seem everybody's busy doing this, that, and the other. I would help you out except I've never installed an SRT intake and generally busy doing this, that, and the other. However, I think Paul (jdogg) or Chris (VVTIS) had an SRT intake at one point. Send them an PM. I'm sure they're more than happy to help. And if you're out of options, I'll help you read the installation manual! :lol: :lol:
kinda the same deal for me. I never installed the SRT intake before but i am pretty sure i can figure it out. I'll give some time to see if any of the others volunteer yet.

its amazing that none of the guys are willing to help out two girls ??! :eek: :crazy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
i'm gonna try and help out sexy... your more than welcome to jump on that wagon if you'd like. But for dinner, I'm sure I can make time :p j/k
pm me your problems
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
617 Posts
jdogg said:
i'm gonna try and help out sexy... your more than welcome to jump on that wagon if you'd like. But for dinner, I'm sure I can make time :p j/k
pm me your problems
sorry to volunteer you man. don't worry, when someone else needs help, i'll make sure to give out chris' cell. :lol:
 

·
Not Officially Back
Joined
·
12,205 Posts
If its December and you guys still dont have these mods installed look me up... I'll be driving down to TX to visit family and visit friends in Houston, Austin, SA, and CC. When I'm in Austin I'd be happy to meet up with anyone and help them install the intake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,241 Posts
dasgalloway said:
If its December and you guys still dont have these mods installed look me up... I'll be driving down to TX to visit family and visit friends in Houston, Austin, SA, and CC. When I'm in Austin I'd be happy to meet up with anyone and help them install the intake.
Don't forget to come down for some Mexican Food in San Antonio ehe :wink:
 

·
Not Officially Back
Joined
·
12,205 Posts
alredxiii said:
dasgalloway said:
If its December and you guys still dont have these mods installed look me up... I'll be driving down to TX to visit family and visit friends in Houston, Austin, SA, and CC. When I'm in Austin I'd be happy to meet up with anyone and help them install the intake.
Don't forget to come down for some Mexican Food in San Antonio ehe :wink:
:p :p :p A-men! For serious I'll post up my route when I'm headed that way and it'll be badass to meet up with some ppl.

Wait, what was this thread about? :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top