Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I installed the Eibach pro kit lowering springs I have had a little rattle oming from the rear going over pot holes or minor street anomalies. At first I thought it was the stock shocks going bad. I changed them to tokico illuminas and nothing. I double checked the install and all looks well. Cant seem to figure out exactly whats making the rattle but for sure it started after the spring install. Anyone having similar problems?

·
Registered
999 Posts
No problem with noise from eibach springs or sways here...

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IS JOE said:
In the past, people have gotten such noises from bad sway bar endlinks. Check those out.

Thats what Im thinking of currently. Im planning in removing the end links of the sways to hear if the noise goes away. Process of elimination is a pain in the a**

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
cariza said:
Thats what Im thinking of currently. Im planning in removing the end links of the sways to hear if the noise goes away. Process of elimination is a pain in the a**
werd. While your under there taking it off, don't forget to check for obvious signs of the endlinks hitting things they're not supposed to, check the seals on the endlinks are still good, etc. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
When my endlink was bad it looked perfectly fine, but when I changed it out the noise stopped. The noise was more of a popping sound though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not just Eibachs spring.
I installed Hotchkis, and my car started to have some rattle noise in the front as well.
My brother's car also has the springs changed (not IS300). His car also has rattle noise in the back suspensions.
If anyone has some ideas what's going on, please be kind to give us some hints to look at.
Many many thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts