Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this in a car maz.. How about quality any good?
Look at the Lip on this thing.

http://www.tsw.com/new/lexus.php

Scroll down to thruxton....

Click on Mercedes also better pics on those cars

·
Registered
596 Posts
TSW is popular in Australia and UK

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
Pretty well know company.....I have heard good & bad about the quality. Yeah I like the Thruxton too

·
Registered
55 Posts
A buddy of mine has them on his Accord, sharp looking wheel and TSW is a really good company that produces inexspensive rims.

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
Kamis300 said:
Came across this in a car maz.. How about quality any good?
Look at the Lip on this thing.

http://www.tsw.com/new/lexus.php

Scroll down to thruxton....

Click on Mercedes also better pics on those cars
Just a heads up if your looking at pictures of rims for the Lip its gonna provide. 99% of the rims that have an insanely huge lip on them do not get driven like that they put a wacked out offset on the car for photos and thats it. Now there is rare cases like sophies car and any other widebody where you can get away with it but in most magazine ads its all fake the car cant be driven like that.

Look at the Speedstar D5-R IS300 there is pics of it all over this site and look at the lip on that thing its the main reason i bought my speedstars. The real lip is nowhere even close to what is shown in those pictures.

So yes the ads are decieving but if you buy them from a reputable dealer like Tirerack youll get to deal with someone like Brandon who before i bought my rims the first thing he told me was " The real lip you get isnt gonna be anywhere near that big" Just to inform me so i wouldnt be mad when i got em and i wasnt i still love em but if he wouldnt have said that to me i probably would have been pissed when they showed up.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
i see them all the time at LMS

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
OKCIS said:
Just a heads up if your looking at pictures of rims for the Lip its gonna provide. 99% of the rims that have an insanely huge lip on them do not get driven like that they put a wacked out offset on the car for photos and thats it. Now there is rare cases like sophies car and any other widebody where you can get away with it but in most magazine ads its all fake the car cant be driven like that.

Look at the Speedstar D5-R IS300 there is pics of it all over this site and look at the lip on that thing its the main reason i bought my speedstars. The real lip is nowhere even close to what is shown in those pictures.

So yes the ads are decieving but if you buy them from a reputable dealer like Tirerack youll get to deal with someone like Brandon who before i bought my rims the first thing he told me was " The real lip you get isnt gonna be anywhere near that big" Just to inform me so i wouldnt be mad when i got em and i wasnt i still love em but if he wouldnt have said that to me i probably would have been pissed when they showed up.

Agreed....But if you are looking a rim with a nice lip try www.axiswheels.com, almost all there wheels have nice lips on them. And the pics you see are really the lip on the wheels....

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
TSW dont make many wheels with higher offsets that will fit our cars.... most are between 25-35mm offset. a little on the low side for an IS300.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OKCIS said:

U are absolutly right i have the same wheels as u. I was disappointed as well when they showed up. But mounted on the car it does give the illusion that the lip is a hell of alot bigger

·
Registered
47 Posts
On wheels...you get what you pay for.

A couple of years ago, I got some TSWs and they were not bad. It was the best bang for my buck at the time. Considering I had high end BBS wheels previous to that, I was impressed with the TSWs, considering how inexpensive they were.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
496 Posts
TSW's are ok. TRD used them on the Solara several years ago. They were basic TSW 7 spoke (if I remember right) and came with TRD center caps. You could see the TSW stamped on the inside of the rim. Les Schwab carries TSW's I think.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts