Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,548 Posts
i was also curious,

i like the design- the fact that ride height is adjustable independent of spring rate and vise versa.

for 800$ it makes me wonder about quality though :-?

·
Nygmatic
2,572 Posts
visually the system looks good. nice hefty shock assembly. dust cover on the rod (rare), and dual adjustment.

but for 800, i too would be wary of the quality. you might want to search the net for more experiences with it.

·
Premium Member
8,548 Posts
i did some research, it's owned by ADR the wheel manufacturers, very new products, the webpage is still being made, which is sort of a good sign that they have a product before a webpage seeing as they spent the time in the engineering and design of it as opposed to marketing.
(or they just don't care about anythign)

WRX boards gave them good reviews for the money

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
about a year ago...that company started showing advertisements in
sport compact car....showing a blue is300 equiped with those coilovers

also....i was browsing someone's yahoo folder which was linked from their profile.....and they where wearing those coilovers on their blue is300

that sounds about right for non-dampening/rebound adjustable coil-overs

apex'i WS, tein basic both go for around that price and both are only height adjustable

good luck...maybe they are cheap because it's a new company and the only way they can compete is from a price standpoint, no brand loyalty or identity

alot of people buy tein because of the brandname (WOW...YOU GOT TEIN'S)

·
Premium Member
8,548 Posts
i have alwasy been very impressed with teins lack of quality in their coilovers, they all make weird noises.

the thought of the price had occured to me, you're just not paying for the name.

i alwasy thought the APEX ws were pretty expensive? like 1500

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
the apex'i n1 coilover is in the 1500 range
reason= dampening adjustable

the apex'i WS(world sport) coilover is aroun 850
it is a non-dampening adjustable coilover, only ride height

the WS coilover is comparable to the one mentioned above

another thing that i really like about the apex'i coilovers is you can get springs with different spring rates threw apex'i for you personal taste

i've seen the different springs offer at www.horsepowerfreaks.com

i dunno if anyone else offers different spring rates like apex'i
i know apex'i is good quality

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Freelance (Toyomoto) has the NEX SS....pretty sure that's what he has.

he's got a heavily built and sponsored car....performance wise.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
I've had a '87 Celica All-Trac, an '89 200sx SER and both had Ground Control Coil Overs... I notice no one mentions these? ne reason? i've always thought they were good since thats all they did was coil overs and suspension.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i think ground control makes the eibach spring/coilover for the is300

but i think they're around 500 for the IS,probably the same thing you had on your sentra and celica......that's alot compared to the 300-350 you probably paidf for those applications......

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
you can find these NEX coilovers on Ebay for $699 Buy-it-Now price. :wink:
I noticed that these are the same exact pictures on the Ebay listing.

I saw them and was wondering the same thing.

I know that they are only height adjustable, and not dampening adjustable.

I wonder what the ride quality is like.

·
Premium Member
8,548 Posts
actually this nex coilover is ride height and spring rate adjustable indipedent of the other, remeber more compressed the stiffere it getsthats why its rated at lbs/inch kg/mm for every inch or mm it is compressed it pushes back that many lbs or kgs

example:
8kg/mm compressed 10mm pushes back with 80kgs, its not a force, itsa mass, but lbs is a force, i think they did it cause no one would really understand newtons/mm

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
- NEX products are USUALLY shlt, but those LOOK quality... not sure though

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.