Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Those actually look pretty clean, I'd love to see what they look like lit up. They'd look incredible with a set of matching trunk lights.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I planned on making my stock tails like that.Its easy just go to a decal/graphic shop.They usually carry transparent colors.Have them just over lay some transparent red over your stock tail just like in the pic.Save yourself some good $$$ and it will still be your high quality oem tail light not a replacement.

Its basically how people tint their healights yellow or blue.Its all just transparent film.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
i personally would just get the Modelista taillights! Much better and OEM! Those look like a whole differ taillights from what they did with the LEDs.

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
i personally would just get the Modelista taillights! Much better and OEM! Those look like a whole differ taillights from what they did with the LEDs.
if you can find a set of Genuine Modellista tails.... I have yet to find a place that has them.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Yeah keep with the OEM type. I bought the LED tail lights and like two weeks later one of the lights went bad and only half of the brake light worked. Then i had to stick my stock lights back on and tinted them instead. Altho i really liked the aftermarket ones :( but now im stuck with a set that i dont know how to fix .... if anyone knows someone that will fix LEDs?
aftermarket :(

·
Registered
129 Posts
yeah but that rear spoiler!!! fugly.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Pretty cool, but pretty pricey. Hopefully the quality matches the high price tag

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
don't do it. the design of the stock tail lights is awesome...and these just are....ugly....

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Can you say Camry? Modify the stocks, or just leave em.
-Matt

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
Doesn't look bad but I would never buy them.

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
First out I believe this is a repost but that doesnt matter. Same exact pic was used too.

The lights are definately not as nice as oem.

don't do it. the design of the stock tail lights is awesome...and these just are....ugly....
Amen brotha

Holy crap those look bad AND I would never buy them.

I changed it for you :)

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
house of kolor kandy red. not out of a can, u can't get that type of result from that hahah
i hear ya....im a painter...well used to be before i joined the air force. what gun did you use? use clear? is it just a base candy coat red? what sort of prep work was needed?

·
Banned
851 Posts
just wetsanded the tails to prep, it was a kandy clear coat. Used a Sharpe fx300 paint gun. nothin too fancy. and yea i did clear it. i just taped off the edge where i wanted it clear(not painted) and after painting it, i cleared the whole tailight and not just the painted part

1 - 20 of 29 Posts