Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my rear bumper was ripped off for the second time going up a steep slope. The first time, whatever holds up the rear bumper started dying, because the fit was a tad bit off. Then, yesterday when it happened again, I guess everything died, because I took it to the body shop and they said that I need to get a new bumper. They put it back on, but it looks like horseshit.

I'm thinking that there has to be parts you can buy to replace whatever was broken instead of buying a new bumper. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and how they solved this problem. What are the weak points of the rear bumper that would the 1st to break? I wish I could get a picture of everything that was broken, so I could be more precise, but the bumpers on now, so I can't. I really dont want to have to buy/paint a new rear bumper!

Otherwise, anyone have an 02 absolutely red bumper laying around?

·
Registered
279 Posts
whats funny is my bumper fell off before too on a slope, the OEM rear bumper has these sliding type of clips on the inside of the bumper.. you should check if those are even attached sorry no pictures though.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it look like this? This is the piece that they showed me came off. It's probably 1.5-2 inches(?) tall? The squiggly line is the broken edge. I think it came off the middle section of the bumper if you're looking at the rear bumper from either the right or left side.

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Does it look like this? This is the piece that they showed me came off. It's probably 1.5-2 inches(?) tall? The squiggly line is the broken edge. I think it came off the middle section of the bumper if you're looking at the rear bumper from either the right or left side.
yea thats what im talking about but its not suppost to be broken off LOL, their should be a good amount of them like 6

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.