Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have pics of

the leather shift knob on the Automatic? I've found it on the manual where it looks great withthe shift bag, however, it might not look as good on the auto's stick. Anyone have any pics they could share?

Thanks,

Aja1

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Hey OZ, what's that "Shift Lock" button? They aren't on US IS's.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I think it allows you to shift into gear even when the key isnt in the ignition or when the motor isnt on. Its a safety thing. Say the car breaks down but needs to be towed, use the shift lock button to disable the lock and shift into N for towing

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
OZIS200 said:
I think it allows you to shift into gear even when the key isnt in the ignition or when the motor isnt on. Its a safety thing. Say the car breaks down but needs to be towed, use the shift lock button to disable the lock and shift into N for towing
Oh. Here in the US, there is a little 1/2" panel that you pop out with a knife or screwdriver and a little switch inside to do that. It's hidden though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those pictures are different

which if either is the Lexus factory leather shift knob? I like the bottom one better, but it doesn't look like it just screws on. Please help.
Thanks,

Aja1

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Re: Those pictures are different

Aja1 said:
which if either is the Lexus factory leather shift knob? I like the bottom one better, but it doesn't look like it just screws on. Please help.
Thanks,

Aja1
i have the 1st one. its nice, matches good and yes screws right in.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Boilertown said:
is that the shift knob in the .net store? if not where can I get that and how much?
yes it is. auto and manual look a bit different. they only show manual shifter. but u can pick which one u want

1 - 12 of 12 Posts