Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one get the new one they supposedly fixed the fitment issues on?

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Word is NO. I don't know who said they were looking into the issue...

but I called, and they said only 2 people had fitment issues and they had body kits, etc.

Hmm... what about Kane?

ehh, and they were cocky on the phone once again. Last time I'll even bother with them.

·
Premium Member
14,412 Posts
Sounds like there is no tuner that can make you happy.

·
Premium Member
14,412 Posts
or better yet

My car cannot shift worth a shit and my exhaust won't fit.

JK

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
i know 3 people personally who's PFS exhaust didn't fit correctly.

2 of dem didn't have body kits...and the one with the body kit didn't have a body kit related problem.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Mine doesn't fit perfectly, the hangers are off, but I twisted the pipes around a little bit and it fits pretty good. I also got the tip to align perfectly via SRT tuning (a.k.a. Zip ties! :lol:).

I didn't have to bend the hangers, but I did have to try different rotations of the rear section in the resonator till it came really close. But the rubber hangers are definetly stretching.

GOD I love the power I get from it though!

Kane

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Yes the drone is po po look at me loud! I took a different approach and had a muffler shop weld on flanges between the exhaust the the resonator pipe. Fitment is fine now but that drone is LOUD, compared to my L-tuned. But the power gains in the top end is worth it, although you do lose quite a bit in the low end.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
is300soon said:
or better yet

My car cannot shift worth a sh*t and my exhaust won't fit.

JK
Stop that. Dealing with a POS car is enough! :)

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
mine drones at idle.

·
13,898 Posts
lil' IS 300 said:
Umm...that's BULLSHIT. My bumper is stock and mine fits like sh*t! Peter is full of sh*t...just like when he said there no be "NO drone" from the exhaust...

yeah whatever, that's BS
lol....i knew it was gonna drone. there is no 3" that won't drone.

that's why i have a silencer in mine. i can pop it in and out whenever i want. i already had a huge headace from it and thats' why i put it in.

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
oneeyejack said:
i can pop it in and out whenever i want
With a little bit of masturbation.

·
Registered
769 Posts
oneeyejack said:
lil' IS 300 said:
Umm...that's BULLSHIT. My bumper is stock and mine fits like sh*t! Peter is full of sh*t...just like when he said there no be "NO drone" from the exhaust...

yeah whatever, that's BS

that's why i have a silencer in mine. i can pop it in and out whenever i want. i already had a huge headace from it and thats' why i put it in.
Sounds like it is time to get a better stereo :) I don't think the exhaust really "drones" per se.

The trunk of my car is fully dynamatted and there really isn't a "drone" to speak of. The exhaust is loud, but I would hardly call it a drone. Around town(30-50mph), I don't notice it very much. Between 60-80, it makes some noise, but the wind noise, turbo, and bov make more. When I put my foot in it, yah, it's loud, but there is a reason for that. . . it definitely makes a power difference.

The exhaust is certainly louder than my rmm was, but it also looks nicer and has greater advantages for f/i applications. The noise it does make has certainly grown on me and I can't imagine taking it off at this point. Even my g/f has gotten used to it.

I know a few of you laughed before, but really... If you sound deaden your trunk, including the rear quarter panels, whether you have pfs, hks, or whatever exhaust, the drone will at a minimum be reduced, if not eliminated. I hardly even notice the exhaust anymore. Running the stereo at 17(it caps at 40ish), pretty much eliminates any of the exhaust, engine, turbo, bov noise in the cabin.

Remember that the spare tire well is pretty hollow, as well as metal, which allows for a lot of sound to bounce around. Without removing the spare tire, some kind of sound deadening will make a HUGE difference. If you take out the spare and replace it with something solid, that doesn't resonate sound as much as bare metal, will reduce the amount of noise generated even more. You need to setup up your car properly for the accessories that you add to it.

I had my exhaust installed by PFS and I have no fitment issues that I can tell. I don't know if the are doing something different or not, as I did not watch them install it, but it looks fucking pimp and sounds awesome :).

·
13,898 Posts
DarkStorm said:
oneeyejack said:
lil' IS 300 said:

yeah whatever, that's BS

Sounds like it is time to get a better stereo :) I don't think the exhaust really "drones" per se.

The trunk of my car is fully dynamatted and there really isn't a "drone" to speak of. The exhaust is loud, but I would hardly call it a drone. Around town(30-50mph), I don't notice it very much. Between 60-80, it makes some noise, but the wind noise, turbo, and bov make more. When I put my foot in it, yah, it's loud, but there is a reason for that. . . it definitely makes a power difference.

The exhaust is certainly louder than my rmm was, but it also looks nicer and has greater advantages for f/i applications. The noise it does make has certainly grown on me and I can't imagine taking it off at this point. Even my g/f has gotten used to it.

I know a few of you laughed before, but really... If you sound deaden your trunk, including the rear quarter panels, whether you have pfs, hks, or whatever exhaust, the drone will at a minimum be reduced, if not eliminated. I hardly even notice the exhaust anymore. Running the stereo at 17(it caps at 40ish), pretty much eliminates any of the exhaust, engine, turbo, bov noise in the cabin.

Remember that the spare tire well is pretty hollow, as well as metal, which allows for a lot of sound to bounce around. Without removing the spare tire, some kind of sound deadening will make a HUGE difference. If you take out the spare and replace it with something solid, that doesn't resonate sound as much as bare metal, will reduce the amount of noise generated even more. You need to setup up your car properly for the accessories that you add to it.

I had my exhaust installed by PFS and I have no fitment issues that I can tell. I don't know if the are doing something different or not, as I did not watch them install it, but it looks fucking pimp and sounds awesome :).
heheh...thanks for the reply. i actually did try dynamatting my trunk but i didn't hear a difference at all. i even tried to stuff foam core into the spare wheel well and also the area above the exhaust and that didn't help either. i guess it really depends on how sensitive your ear is. usually, dynmat is used for a reduction in vibration. i think the only way to get rid of the drone is if you used sound deadening material (the stuff they use in recording stereos). a drone is usually at very low decibals, and the only real way to get rid of it is to use that heavy duty stuff and that stuff wouldn't fit in our spare wheel well.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.