Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have LOJACK and do u fell safer? also lets pick the best alarm!!

FACTORY NOISE MAKER SCARES ME!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Originally posted by is300soon:
Does anyone have LOJACK and do u fell safer? also lets pick the best alarm!!

FACTORY NOISE MAKER SCARES ME!!
Got the LJ on mine...its a must where I live!

------------------
2001 Graphite Gray Pearl on Polished Graphite

·
Registered
301 Posts
My dealer said it would cost about 500 installed. Is that expensive? What does it go for.

I know that you get a break on insurance coz of it though

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
500 = good deal from what i heat, in SAN JOSE they want 650

I think it is a must here also. Save almost 600 a yr in insurance if u have a record like mine
i hope i get no more tickets even though i am getting a faster car.

David

·
Registered
68 Posts
When I bought my IS, the dealer quoted me $499, but they will give me a discount and charge $450. So, negotiate if you can.
PS> I don't have LJ on mine.

I hope this help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the LoJack installed on mine, though State Farm doesn't give a discount. For me it was more for peace of mind.

Here's a question, do you folks know where they installed yours?? For me, they installed it up in the headliner where the sunroof controls are.

------------------
'01 IS300, SBM
'93 RX-7, Montego Blue Mica
'98 Honda SuperHawk 996, Italian Red

·
Registered
77 Posts
Got mine through my dealer for 5 bills. Insurance companies vary, but my rep. stated that I would get a 15% discount off comprehensive...haven't done the math yet though to see if its really any different money wise. Got security comfort though!

------------------

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
I have LoJack in my wife's Discovery (came like that) and I put it in the Miata since I got a "second LoJack" discount. I figured if the IS gets stolen, I'll just get another one, but the Miata. Well, it's one of a kind at this point.

------------------
Tony
'01 Stock Spectra Blue
'94 12psi Turbo Miata

·
Registered
77 Posts
Originally posted by saltedeggman:
what is lojack?
LoJack [the company] installs a tracking device somewhere in the vehicle. If and when the car is stolen the tracking device is used by the local police to find your car. The catch is that the tracking device is only activited if you report the car stolen. So if you don't report it immediately you can kiss your car goodbye or come back to an empty frame...haha.

LoJack claims a 90% recovery rate and its a one time installation fee. I think its only available in select states so that's why some of you haven't heard of it before.

------------------

·
Registered
541 Posts
I considered Lojack, but I was swayed by the argument that you wouldn't WANT your car back if thieves have taken it. It's likely to have been stripped or damaged in some way. I have peace of mind in knowing that I have good gap insurance so that the full cost of the car will be covered if it's stolen.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by Young:
I considered Lojack, but I was swayed by the argument that you wouldn't WANT your car back if thieves have taken it. It's likely to have been stripped or damaged in some way. I have peace of mind in knowing that I have good gap insurance so that the full cost of the car will be covered if it's stolen.
Some people want their car back, regardless. It depends on the car. Consider time, money and emotional involvement. If my IS was stolen, I'll get another, I don't have any attachment to _that particular_ IS. However, my miata is a different story. I want _my_ car, because _I've_ worked on it, long and hard...

Depends on the car and the person...

------------------
Tony
'01 Stock Spectra Blue
'94 12psi Turbo Miata

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Hey Tony, I coulda sworn I've read this EXACT same thread/reply months ago... talk about deja vu (the feeling not the live webcam
)

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by DonCorleone:
Hey Tony, I coulda sworn I've read this EXACT same thread/reply months ago... talk about deja vu (the feeling not the live webcam
)
There's a good chance. I probably said the exact same thing.
Like in this thread perhaps. I sound like a broken record.

Use the search function people! There's nothing wrong with resurrecting an old thread.

------------------
Tony
'01 Stock Spectra Blue
'94 12psi Turbo Miata

1 - 18 of 18 Posts