Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
you can either buy a clear set and smoke them with smoke spray, use the stock red ones and smoke spray them, OR go out big time and buy the JDM smoked lenses (which are the coolest option).. however, that runs like 300+ or so..
:eek:

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah sard ones. This persons car is somewhere on cardomain.com and it says has the sard smoked inner tail light lenses.[/url]

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
do you think it'd look cool if you smoked your red inner lenses AND your big brake light red lenses? I think it'd look sick if you did that and blacked your fogs and headlights on a black IS :p

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
doing that to the rr tails entails splitting them open & tinting the big red lens inside the clear cover & then somehow getting them all back together properly & looking good & not like some chopped up rrtails

I had a rr tails set done JUST like this recently as an experiment with a very familiar/ skilled .net member here & .................... lets just say it did NOT turn out like any of us hoped it would... none of us would ever mount these in their current condition on our cars..... i would bet hard $$$ on that...

They ended up looking pretty hacked up ... & tho the inner lamp lenses are definitely tinted now they are SUPER dark & the lightbulb is EXTREMELY dim in them so it would have to be a very subtle & light tint job to not cut out too much light... & also, there is the problem of getting it all back together some way so they again look as close to factory as possible & not all mickey moused ya know.....

I think it is a great idea, & look forward to trying it again as new skills are developed........

edward.

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
lexusaltezza said:
Yeah sard ones. This persons car is somewhere on cardomain.com and it says has the sard smoked inner tail light lenses.[/url]
Correct SARD makes them in smoked oem, and yes they are close to $300.00 but for those you want that different look and also have the clean JDM look, it's worth it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts