Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now my front wheels are Toe-in: +0.25 on both sides, Camber: 0

Rear Wheels: Toe: 0, Camber: -1.38 on both sides.

I feel that there is way too much negative Camber on my rear wheels. Does anyone have the specs? Do not want to pay dealer $160 for four wheel alignment and other folks do not have specs for '01 IS300 yet.

Side note, did not know our cars had it until vehicle was on a lift, however we have adjustments for Camber!!!

No Camber kits necessary! Thanks Everyone.

N1

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remember these are specs for a bone-stock IS300. So if you have made any mods to your vehicles' suspension or wheels, your settings will vary from the norm.

·
Registered
60 Posts
-1.36 camber is actually really not much at all, and toe is what you really got to worry about thats what eats the tires the fastest. (i worry about your +.25 toe in on both sides thats a half inch of total toe on the front end)

Oh and good god 160 for an alignment thats insane! I used to work for Sears auto center before i got a good job (but anyways) they only charge 64.99 or 89.99 (depending on the car) and use the latest top of the line Hunter Alignment Equipment (the store i worked at had a DSP5000).

Also an Alignment on our cars should only take about an hour to an hour and a half because it's only three adjustments, rear camber, front camber, and front toe.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Alignment specs are as follows (per my 2002 factory service manual):

Front:

Camber -0.5 deg. +- 0.5 deg.
Toe (total) +0.1 deg +- 0.2 deg. -- the plus sign indicates toe-in
Caster 6.12 deg. +- 0.5 deg. NOTE: not separately adjustable from camber

Rear:

Camber -0.92 deg. +- 0.5 deg.
Toe (total) +0.2 deg. +- 0.2 deg.

HTH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
ChassisGuy
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing