Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved my light covers from stickercity.com. They are made of the 3M protectant but for your heads and tails. I bought xenon blue for the front and smoked black for the back. Just wanted to see if anyone could help with the install because if I do it myself im afraid ill get bubbles since ive never done this before. Thanks.

The kit also came with xenon blue covers for the fogs and side markers and i have the smoked black for the back side markers but I have a C-west so I dont need them, if anyone wants them they are yours.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I used to own a Vinyl Graphics shop and here is my advice.
1.Make sure your car is at room temperature or warmer on the surface that you are going to apply the vinyl to. (This way the vinyl will stretch etc..)
2.Get a spray bottle with either water or or a mixture of water and glass cleaner.
3.Soak the sh*t out of the area you are going to apply the vinyl to. (Make sure you clean the area before you apply the vinyl.)
4.Apply the vinyl to the area you want. Since it is wet you can slide it around so it fits exactly.
5.Use a credit car or squegee to smooth out the bubbles. Make sure you spray the outside of the vinyl to minimize scratching of the vinyl while your smoothing it out.
6.Once you have all the bubbles out either sit your car in the sun to let the moisture evaporate or hit it with a heat gun.

If there is still little bubbles get a safety pin and pop the bubbles then smooth it out.. Then your good to go!... Good luck!

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
bigsen03 said:
I just recieved my light covers from stickercity.com. They are made of the 3M protectant but for your heads and tails. I bought xenon blue for the front and smoked black for the back. Just wanted to see if anyone could help with the install because if I do it myself im afraid ill get bubbles since ive never done this before. Thanks.

The kit also came with xenon blue covers for the fogs and side markers and i have the smoked black for the back side markers but I have a C-west so I dont need them, if anyone wants them they are yours.
Seriously? I wonder how they would look on my car. I guess I'll take them then.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
i could help you out dj. i would suggest not using the windex though, just pure h2o...windex has a tendency to take some of the adhesive off. i dont think i have the rubber squeegies though, see if you can dig some up. and did they come pre-cut, or do you cut them yourself? if you cut them, dont try and pre-cut them and then adhere them, adhere them then trim them so its perfect

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah JR if you want them you can have them, I only needed the heads and tails but the fogs and stuff came with it. I guess next meet we have ill bring them for you

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn mike your just gonna help me with a bunch of stuff. Yeah they came pre-cut already for our cars so we just need to put them on. It came with a little squeegie so I got that. It says to use 30% alcohol and 70% water

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
bigsen03 said:
Yeah JR if you want them you can have them, I only needed the heads and tails but the fogs and stuff came with it. I guess next meet we have ill bring them for you
Thanks DJ I guess it'll be the next meet, maybe the install meet :) .

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
whose your daddy?

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
i would just use water....use the alcohol to prep the surface first

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
[QUOTE='03IntensaBlueBeast]:wtf: WTF?[/QUOTE]

WTF is right.....i couldnt figure it out either. welcome to the NE motherfocker

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
LexIShirm300 said:
whose your daddy?
... comes from nowhere waaaaay left side and says "whose your daddy?" .... did i miss something?

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
got me pete, i think maybe he was hanging out with lines____ or something

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
LexIShirm300 said:
whose your daddy?
Damn fucktard, learn to spell. It's "who's your daddy?" Dip shit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts