Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geezus... I swear by the time these cars actually come out I don't have enough interest left to buy them.

In any case, having seen the FRS my wife's decided on a Veloster Turbo.

They're not out yet. The dealers have no idea when they're due out (and I wouldn't believe them anyway, their information is usually garbage). Considering Hyundai spent the money on Superbowl ads for this fucking thing, I would have expected it by now.

In any case, if someone could tell me if I'll be able to touch one of these things before the end of July, I'd appreciate it. If not, I'll just make a couple of minor repairs to the xB and wait until spring.

-Justin

·
Technical Poseur
23,313 Posts
I've kinda noticed Hyundai has gotten more laggy on their releases since roughly 07 when they brought out the models that got them to where they are now. Everything since that revolution has been slow. Starting with the Genesis Coupe.

·
Deus Vult
7,023 Posts
The monkeys over at veloster.org are putting their bets on late July/early August

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm pretty sure they were expecting this in March. I'm about to just dismiss this as vaporware and buy a fucking Rabbit. I really, REALLY, don;t want to buy a damn VW.

-Justin

·
Übercargeek
16,623 Posts
Autoblog posted the Veloster Turbo pricing announcement a week ago:

2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo priced from $21,950*

It doesn't say a word about the on-sale date, though.

Still, I totally agree with the second comment after that story:

It's an interesting design, and it's great for those that prefer style over substance (which is perfectly ok by me). But for driving enthusiasts after a cheap thrill the Toyota/Scion/Subaru just made this thing redundant.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Make sure and go and drive one of the regular Velosters. Try and convinence them you are very serious and want to take it overnight to decide on that or a mini cooper (or whatever).
My dealership has had 2 people trade them in already. One was a bright green one that was bought.... and traded in the same month! LOL (that guy took a hit).
People trading them in or that have drove them say they ride very rough. I don't imagine the turbo version riding any more 'luxurious' then it's more mild siblings.

I like em, they are comfortable (sat in them) but never got to drive either one we traded for. They sold pretty quick.

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Make sure and go and drive one of the regular Velosters. Try and convinence them you are very serious and want to take it overnight to decide on that or a mini cooper (or whatever).
My dealership has had 2 people trade them in already. One was a bright green one that was bought.... and traded in the same month! LOL (that guy took a hit).
People trading them in or that have drove them say they ride very rough. I don't imagine the turbo version riding any more 'luxurious' then it's more mild siblings.

I like em, they are comfortable (sat in them) but never got to drive either one we traded for. They sold pretty quick.
Rough ride is good. Wife's coming from a first-gen xB. I've heard a lot of people say they rode softer after adding lowering springs.

We're not looking for a soft riding vehicle.

-Justin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts