Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was wonder if anyone has had a XS engr. turbo kit.. They recently have a is in the turbo mag. this month. It was also in a past issue of turbo. If someone does have it, do u mind posting info about it thankxs

·
Registered
104 Posts
They made one and only one for a guy who had them do a total custom job. It must have been very expensive!

They say they would like to have one in the future but right now there is no after market catalytic converter that is legal in 50 states available for the IS. That kinda puts a serious damper on CARB cert.

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
he's on onlineshowoff.com ... check out his car on page2 of Carshow-Lexus... 8)

·
Registered
343 Posts
The "next generation" XS Engineering kit is being installed/developed on the Super Street IS300.. it should start appearing in SS issues soon.. those that were at the Carson Toyota meet saw it..

·
Registered
696 Posts
oh-dawg said:
The "next generation" XS Engineering kit is being installed/developed on the Super Street IS300.. it should start appearing in SS issues soon.. those that were at the Carson Toyota meet saw it..
that kit is actually a PFS turbo kit.

sOlo

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
In the new superstreet they test 30 something turbo and blower kits for all kinds of cars. They picked XS Engineering for the IS300. Its Fairuza11's car they have in the picture. XS did a good job on his car, 400+ hp. They are a custom shop, if you take your car there, they can do it. But they dont have kits ready to ship, and I dont when they are going to either.

·
Registered
236 Posts
solo said:
oh-dawg said:

sOlo
No it is an XS Turbo Kit, I've seen the SuperStreet IS at XS and the turbo kit it's NICE.....

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
TurboIS said:
solo said:
oh-dawg said:

sOlo
No it is an XS Turbo Kit, I've seen the SuperStreet IS at XS and the turbo kit it's NICE.....
that's the kermit the frog green car right?
if so, it's nice

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
I bought my original turbo kit from James Ceron (TurboIS) -his name on the boards. He had the First Turbo kit from XS-Engineering. After I bought it from him I parted most of the parts out. James car was on teh cover of Turbo Nov01'

·
.net superior m.f.
23,266 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
solo said:
oh-dawg said:

sOlo
There was a PFS turbo kit on the Super Street car before Super Street took it back from PFS and handed it over to XS (although I heard the car never actually ran with the PFS kit on there).. XS has had it for about 3 months now..

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
oh-dawg said:
solo said:
oh-dawg said:

sOlo
There was a PFS turbo kit on the Super Street car before Super Street took it back from PFS and handed it over to XS (although I heard the car never actually ran with the PFS kit on there).. XS has had it for about 3 months now..
Does anyone know the reason for the change from PFS to XS?

·
Registered
343 Posts
redline814 said:
Does anyone know the reason for the change from PFS to XS?
I heard it was because PFS had the car for 8 months and the car never ran (although someone said they "saw" the Green Machine run.. I heard otherwise).. SS was getting pissed off and decided that XS would be able to do it sooner (SS has the IS for 1 year on "loan" from Lexus.. I think).. maybe Peter would care to enlighten everyone ?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Pfs

The Facts:

Super Street asked me to assist with their project IS300 at the beginning of my development program. I agreed to work with them and give them a kit to be installed by a shop in the LA area. We supplied the Intercooler, which was shown on the Green car at SEMA 2002.

Of course I wanted this car to turn out good so we waited for the production manifold and other hardware to be completed before shipping the main part of the turbo kit.

In February plans changed at Super Street and they decided that it suited them better to work with their local shop XS Engineering. They indicated that XS would have the car up and running in a matter of a few days.

They returned our components 6 months ago. We all wait patiently to see the Super Street Turbo IS300 run.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Aubie83 said:
In the new superstreet they test 30 something turbo and blower kits for all kinds of cars. They picked XS Engineering for the IS300. Its Fairuza11's car they have in the picture. XS did a good job on his car, 400+ hp. They are a custom shop, if you take your car there, they can do it. But they dont have kits ready to ship, and I dont when they are going to either.
august mag or september mag? and what page?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts