Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to the board, I would like to know if anyone out there had a pic or link to the is300's torque curve and how it compares to the bmw 330i.

thanks in advance
Joe K

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
ummmm, yeeahhh, if you could read the post below that says "dyno" in the subject, that would be greeaattt.

Originally posted by PCIS300JK:
Hi I am new to the board, I would like to know if anyone out there had a pic or link to the is300's torque curve and how it compares to the bmw 330i.

thanks in advance
Joe K

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Originally posted by IS300GTE:
ummmm, yeeahhh, if you could read the post below that says "dyno" in the subject, that would be greeaattt.

Originally posted by PCIS300JK:
[qb]Hi I am new to the board, I would like to know if anyone out there had a pic or link to the is300's torque curve and how it compares to the bmw 330i.

thanks in advance
Joe K
[/QB]
OFFICE SPACE ROCKS

Uhmm yeah ... i'm going to have to ask you to come in on saturday ....

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is the HP/toque curve i get from Toyota Japan's webpage:

There's a little different between the engine we get here and the one in Japan... the peak HP is 215, and not 220 shown in the graph. and the toque is a little bit higher.

[ August 25, 2001: Message edited by: 2JZ-GE ]

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Here's a dyno off of ecisbmw.com. It shows stock figures in red, while the blue figures represent the 330i installed with an ECIS intake.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Originally posted by 2JZ-GE:
(snip snip)
There's a little different between the engine we get here and the one in Japan... the peak HP is 215, and not 220 shown in the graph. and the toque is a little bit higher.
[ August 25, 2001: Message edited by: 2JZ-GE ]
Probably due to different gearing and lower gasoline octane in the US than in Japan?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
lol! uummm burn the building down .

Originally posted by MYISRULZ:
OFFICE SPACE ROCKS

Uhmm yeah ... i'm going to have to ask you to come in on saturday ....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts