Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to the board, I would like to know if anyone out there had a pic or link to the is300's torque curve and how it compares to the bmw 330i.

thanks in advance
Joe K

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
ummmm, yeeahhh, if you could read the post below that says "dyno" in the subject, that would be greeaattt.

Originally posted by PCIS300JK:
Hi I am new to the board, I would like to know if anyone out there had a pic or link to the is300's torque curve and how it compares to the bmw 330i.

thanks in advance
Joe K

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Originally posted by IS300GTE:
ummmm, yeeahhh, if you could read the post below that says "dyno" in the subject, that would be greeaattt.

Originally posted by PCIS300JK:
[qb]Hi I am new to the board, I would like to know if anyone out there had a pic or link to the is300's torque curve and how it compares to the bmw 330i.

thanks in advance
Joe K
[/QB]
OFFICE SPACE ROCKS

Uhmm yeah ... i'm going to have to ask you to come in on saturday ....

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is the HP/toque curve i get from Toyota Japan's webpage:

There's a little different between the engine we get here and the one in Japan... the peak HP is 215, and not 220 shown in the graph. and the toque is a little bit higher.

[ August 25, 2001: Message edited by: 2JZ-GE ]

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Here's a dyno off of ecisbmw.com. It shows stock figures in red, while the blue figures represent the 330i installed with an ECIS intake.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Originally posted by 2JZ-GE:
(snip snip)
There's a little different between the engine we get here and the one in Japan... the peak HP is 215, and not 220 shown in the graph. and the toque is a little bit higher.
[ August 25, 2001: Message edited by: 2JZ-GE ]
Probably due to different gearing and lower gasoline octane in the US than in Japan?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
lol! uummm burn the building down .

Originally posted by MYISRULZ:
OFFICE SPACE ROCKS

Uhmm yeah ... i'm going to have to ask you to come in on saturday ....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
IS300GTE
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing