Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody here have the ipt (or any other good ) titanium dash kit, i'm thinking about getting it, and if you do you, could you please post some pics? thanks

reminds me, when i got the car last saturday, the salesman told me that if i'm going to the car wash, i should remove the antenna in the rear. I was wondering, if the jdm antenna has just as good reception and if its strong and durable as the one that came with the car. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha, but imho it looks kinda ugly, and like bgwillybadassis31 said, it can be used as a fishing rod, i just want a smaller more cleaner looking antenna, which i wouldn't have to remove if i go into a car wash or something. i jus think it looks kinda funky thas all. Does anybody have the titanium dash im talkin about? A friend of mine, said itd look hot, but i wanna know how it would look in my car before i get it. IF ANYONE HAS IT, COULD YOU PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR OPINION ON THE KIT/POST SOME PICS, thanks

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
check my sig for pics. and did i hear CAR WASH!! :shame:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hehe, i'm not going to get it washd by teh car wash, i don't trust those [email protected]$turds. but im jus thinkin about the jdm antenna and wanted to know if it was worth it. do you think it is?

I took a look at your sig, and saw the aluminum dash kit, i was thinking about to get that, but i need to know how to TITANIUM DASH KIT looks like, IF ANYONE HAS PICS OF THE TITANIUM DASH kit, please post, thankyou to everyone who has replied back so far.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
i like my jdm antenna, wish it was a bit skinner but looks better then the stock one.

i think the titaium will have less gloss to it thats all the diff prob is

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
yeah preaty much stock BUT with the aluminum dash kit that the thread is about :boring:

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Paki_Sleepa said:
hehe, i'm not going to get it washd by teh car wash, i don't trust those [email protected]$turds. but im jus thinkin about the jdm antenna and wanted to know if it was worth it. do you think it is?

I took a look at your sig, and saw the aluminum dash kit, i was thinking about to get that, but i need to know how to TITANIUM DASH KIT looks like, IF ANYONE HAS PICS OF THE TITANIUM DASH kit, please post, thankyou to everyone who has replied back so far.
is the aluminum and titanium dash that different?

ChinoXS203's pic ^

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
uhuh, i have the 04, so the int. gauges are kinda tit- silverish, so thats why i want the titanium kit. the aluminum kit is nice, but too flashy for me.

The titanium kit is less glossy but the same color? if it was a lil grayer or something i might get it. ipt sells a titanium kit for 285 i think i need to call them up to see if its real tit. or not. And yeh im thinking of gettin the jdm antenna too.

·
Registered
281 Posts
here's some pics of my aluminum kit...

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hmm, imo the g35 int sucks ballz, go to a infiniti dealer and sit in the car, it feels really plasticky (in a bad way), is300 feels plasticky(in an amazingly good way) i swear i saw pictures and tht the interior of our cars suckd. i went to a dealer sat inside one and was blown away. AS for the kit. i don't know about the aluminum (and brushed aluminum) i want something darker..... again if anybody has the titanium kit fess up and post some pics :crazy:

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
The JDM short antenna is good but the reception is not as good as our stock "fishing pole". And if you live in a small town/city like me, you will definitely don't get sh!t for stations.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ud figure w/ japan being mostly suburban and rural theyd have better antennas. i'll have to think about it more, how about the rubber short antenna, i think www.lextasy.com has it. anybody have any experiance w/ that antenna?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
93.9 and 99.5 comes in clear

but 95.5's reception sucks.

cd player sounds the same.......

:lol:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
im guessin ur talking about the radio station. eh i may get it. just for looks, since its one of the easiest mods to do, i can always screw the old one back on if i really hate the reception....whtcha think?

btw, rubber? or jdm?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.