Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Twisties Addict
Joined
·
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering how the visibilty is with them.

i know the lumens measures the brightness.......well this particular 8000k bulbs have 3320 lumen........anyone know the stock lumens?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,938 Posts
8000k = TOO BLUE

dude even if it is 3320 lumens.. the light is shitty because it is BLUE ... how well are you going to see with blue light ... even 6000k does not give off as good of vision as the stock 4100k .. and you want 8000k ?

yikes
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
4,811 Posts
Screw that guy, I love my 8000K :D :D IT is much easier on your eyes. And since you are only using your rods at night which translate black and white AND are more receptive to blue light it is easier to see when things come out of the the dark. That is when you use your lights RIGHT?.
see link http://www.yorku.ca/eye/lambdas.htm

Therefore the signs down the road are illuminated even if you cannot "see" the light as it travels there. BTFU :D :D


 

·
Twisties Addict
Joined
·
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MYISRULZ said:
8000k = TOO BLUE

dude even if it is 3320 lumens.. the light is shitty because it is BLUE ... how well are you going to see with blue light ... even 6000k does not give off as good of vision as the stock 4100k .. and you want 8000k ?

yikes
I actually dont think you can see worse with blue light......just like that guy said above its easier on my eyes.
Also i didnt WANT 8000k i wanted 6000k but i found a great price for these by a good company so i figured what the hell.
i would at least try them out.

Now the only thing thats worrying me is the cops.....i dont think i will have a problem but i dunno :-?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,874 Posts
Fig said:
Screw that guy, I love my 8000K :D :D IT is much easier on your eyes. And since you are only using your rods at night which translate black and white AND are more receptive to blue light it is easier to see when things come out of the the dark. That is when you use your lights RIGHT?.
see link http://www.yorku.ca/eye/lambdas.htm

Therefore the signs down the road are illuminated even if you cannot "see" the light as it travels there. BTFU :D :D
Settle down killer...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,938 Posts
Fig said:
Screw that guy, I love my 8000K :D :D IT is much easier on your eyes. And since you are only using your rods at night which translate black and white AND are more receptive to blue light it is easier to see when things come out of the the dark. That is when you use your lights RIGHT?.
see link http://www.yorku.ca/eye/lambdas.htm

Therefore the signs down the road are illuminated even if you cannot "see" the light as it travels there. BTFU :D :D


you my friend .. are a retard - take a look a the following link that i posted before .. you do not know what the hell you are talking about ... rice boi

http://is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13347498&highlight=
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,938 Posts
you and big willy there are a LOST CAUSE

it is proven that the bluer the light = harder to see


but go ahead and get your 8000k bulbs lol -

i guess you cant save those that dont want to be saved
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,938 Posts
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
MYISRULZ said:
8000k = TOO BLUE

dude even if it is 3320 lumens.. the light is shitty because it is BLUE ... how well are you going to see with blue light ... even 6000k does not give off as good of vision as the stock 4100k .. and you want 8000k ?

yikes
I actually dont think you can see worse with blue light......just like that guy said above its easier on my eyes.
Also i didnt WANT 8000k i wanted 6000k but i found a great price for these by a good company so i figured what the hell.
i would at least try them out.

Now the only thing thats worrying me is the cops.....i dont think i will have a problem but i dunno :-?
also big willy - what brand of bulbs are these ? prolly some no name korean brand that you got a good deal on .. LOL ... u got POS bulbs - if it aint phillips or OSRAM .. then its junk ... plain and simple...
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
4,811 Posts
MYISRULZ said:
8000k = TOO BLUE

dude even if it is 3320 lumens.. the light is shitty because it is BLUE ... how well are you going to see with blue light ... even 6000k does not give off as good of vision as the stock 4100k .. and you want 8000k ?

yikes
I think he has already stated that the Lumen intesity is higher with the the 8000K I am not sure what calculation you are using to justify "usable lumens". But my point still stands. I don't swing to your point of view because you post a pics of 4 diff headlights. A camera is not the human eye. The human eye response to blue light is higher at night. So the only retard here is you?

What is your education level MYISRULEZ :lol: and where do you get your information ?? It seems to me like you have nothin but opinion. I have the Vestec lights, and they are definitely brighter than the stock HID and easier on my eyes at night. That is an opinion. You probably can't even read a log scale vs. color chart....you are a moron. :chill:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,938 Posts
i am not doubting whether they are brighter to the eye,

but IS THE VISION ON THE ROAD BETTER ... you are telling me that your SUPER BLUE HIDS are better for seeing the road and things around then 4300 WHITE LIGHT ... if you are ..... i think there is no helping you ...

did you ever think it is easier on your eyes .. because it is DULLER .... as in you cant see as much .....

i can guarantee that your 8000k bulbs do not put more usable visible light on the ground then my phillips 4300k .. i GUARANTEE IT ....

and the point you made about those pictures is stupid --- that is showing you a comparison between 4300k stock hid and all the ricey shit out there.... it is CLEAR by looking at the ground that you are easily able to see more

but hey ... go ahead and blow 200 + on a set of bulbs that will A) give you less vision B) get you in trouble with the cops C) make you look like the ricer you are
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
4,811 Posts
MYISRULZ said:
i am not doubting whether they are brighter to the eye,

but IS THE VISION ON THE ROAD BETTER ... you are telling me that your SUPER BLUE HIDS are better for seeing the road and things around then 4300 WHITE LIGHT ... if you are ..... i think there is no helping you ...

did you ever think it is easier on your eyes .. because it is DULLER .... as in you cant see as much .....

i can guarantee that your 8000k bulbs do not put more usable visible light on the ground then my phillips 4300k .. i GUARANTEE IT ....

and the point you made about those pictures is stupid --- that is showing you a comparison between 4300k stock hid and all the ricey sh*t out there.... it is CLEAR by looking at the ground that you are easily able to see more

but hey ... go ahead and blow 200 + on a set of bulbs that will A) give you less vision B) get you in trouble with the cops C) make you look like the ricer you are
First of all, I have my bulbs....I have had them for 6 months now. You are talking about something you have no experience with. Furthermore you don't even understand my arguement (because you are uneducated) so it is impossible for you to debate.

<--------uses facts to draw logical conclusions

MYISRULEZ: Uses unsubstantiated "gaurantees" and speculation and pictures.
Whatever, you are not worth my time, Later

Fig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,754 Posts
Blue-ness of 8000K is sujective. Also depend on the manufacturer of the bulb.

I have 8000K HID conversion for 9006 on another car. the light looks purplish when it sparks up but it brighten to a white hue with a small hint on purple

While driving I don't notice it is purple. the light rays looks white from inside the car.
 

·
Twisties Addict
Joined
·
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MYISRULZ said:
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
MYISRULZ said:
8000k = TOO BLUE

dude even if it is 3320 lumens.. the light is shitty because it is BLUE ... how well are you going to see with blue light ... even 6000k does not give off as good of vision as the stock 4100k .. and you want 8000k ?

yikes
I actually dont think you can see worse with blue light......just like that guy said above its easier on my eyes.
Also i didnt WANT 8000k i wanted 6000k but i found a great price for these by a good company so i figured what the hell.
i would at least try them out.

Now the only thing thats worrying me is the cops.....i dont think i will have a problem but i dunno :-?
also big willy - what brand of bulbs are these ? prolly some no name korean brand that you got a good deal on .. LOL ... u got POS bulbs - if it aint phillips or OSRAM .. then its junk ... plain and simple...
Damn you really know how to prove a point :roll:

i have a german made bulb....bohmen actually, and what about Catz and hella. You fuckin know nothing about HIds besides the shit that you read people posting on this forum.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top