Lexus IS Forum banner

Anyone have 5 speed impreesions to post?

421 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Mike Kennedy 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I anxiously awaiting my Lexus IS300 5 speed to be allocated and I was just wondering if any of you have driven it at length or own this car and would like to comment on how you are liking it overall. After reading about the tranny issues, which might be isloated incidents since the car I drove had no thuds, I wanted to know the overall impression you get from owning it. Also if you would like to comment on the new 2002 goodies that would be great to. Seems like this board needs some positive talk about the 5 speed you think

Just to start this thread off, I had the opportunity to drive an absolutely red IS300 with escaine/leather and Navagation and really loved the whole experience. I thought it shifted better than the bmw z3 2.8 that I just traded and overall I felt it was even better since my last drive in a 2001. That meaning, I liked the stiffer suspension and slightly sportier suspension. I would have liked to have seen the full leather which I ordered, is it as soft as the es300's leather or near that quailty. I think the new ash looks richer and feels much softer to the touch so that is a definate improvement. Have the cup holders been improved on non nav models?

Look forward to what everyone has to say

thanks Joe R

See less See more
#3 ·
like mine alot, the trans issues are really non issues, and she ran a high 14 second et bone stock, which really impressed me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.