Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got hit in the front and a new headlight wiring harness is $600+!! so i wanna just wire the few wires that got torn myself, anyone know where i can see a wriign diagram? i have a 07 is250 RWD standard

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey is it possible to rewire a halogen headlight to hid, this is ofc aftermarket headlights. I own a 2012 Lexus is250 the guy who sold me the car claimed it had OEM headlights but after looking at them I realized they were aftermarket and on top of that they are only compatible for the 2006-2009 everything works beside the led day light running bar. I have also included a wire diagram

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
534 Posts
All you need is to have power and ground to power up the HiD ballasts. Halogen lights also need the same thing. So just find out which wires are power and ground and then you can power up the ballasts. As far as the headlight adjustment motors, that’s a different story. Your car doesn’t have the headlight level sensors on it from factory so none of that wiring is there.

also remember when you first turn on the lights with the headlight ballasts, they have a large initial amp draw. There is a high chance that the fuses may blow for the light circuits. DO NOT install bigger fuses right away. Serious damage can occur (fire damage)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was trying to get the led strip to work. The factory harness is wired up for oem original hid headlights while the ones I have are for halogen. Everything works beside the led light bar. So I was wondering if there a way to make it work.

·
Mr. Roo
9,723 Posts
I was trying to get the led strip to work. The factory harness is wired up for oem original hid headlights while the ones I have are for halogen. Everything works beside the led light bar. So I was wondering if there a way to make it work.
What happens when you turn on the head lights? Either to the first or second click. Those LED bars are usually designed/wired to be the marker parking light, and are definitely not bright enough for the DRL. The signal isn't bright enough either, but what can you do. Do the yellow signal LEDs at least work?

·
Registered
10 Posts
What happens when you turn on the head lights? Either to the first or second click. Those LED bars are usually designed/wired to be the marker parking light, and are definitely not bright enough for the DRL. The signal isn't bright enough either, but what can you do. Do the yellow signal LEDs at least work?
The led yellow signal works but they don’t become white when no indicator. I would like for that to work but atm they don’t.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I took the headlight apart and I found that it was connected to this blue box thing. I believe this is the brain for the led strip. It was all connected so Idk why it isn't working. Do you think I need to take the white and black wires and do an add a fuse to the ignition? I know these are aftermarket so what I did is I rewired the black and white wires to be in the spot for the OEM - and + DRL. Still no luck.

In the first picture, it is the blue device that everything is wired to.
The second is the board each Led is wired, I'm pretty sure that the "W" stands for white

·
Mr. Roo
9,723 Posts
Oh wow, you really did take them apart! I didn't mean take the head lights THAT far apart haha. But just take them off the car and see what wiring is doing what.

It just still seems like the white LEDs (white and black wires) just aren't getting power. I'm not really sure what the DRL wire you connected it to is, but there should be a city light or parking light wire somewhere, at least for the orange light on the side. That's where the white LEDs should get power from, and you'll have to turn the headlights on to get the DRL. I don't believe the stock DRL system is really transferable to these head lights, these were made for the non-LED pre-facelift IS. I'd also look on ClubLexus , since they've had more 2IS traffic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh wow, you really did take them apart! I didn't mean take the head lights THAT far apart haha. But just take them off the car and see what wiring is doing what.

It just still seems like the white LEDs (white and black wires) just aren't getting power. I'm not really sure what the DRL wire you connected it to is, but there should be a city light or parking light wire somewhere, at least for the orange light on the side. That's where the white LEDs should get power from, and you'll have to turn the headlights on to get the DRL. I don't believe the stock DRL system is really transferable to these head lights, these were made for the non-LED pre-facelift IS. I'd also look on ClubLexus , since they've had more 2IS traffic.
I tried everything it just won't turn on. I have no idea what's wrong its the white and black wires and whenever I plug it to different inputs it just doesn't want to turn on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
After taking a break, I checked my wiring. There are a total of 4 cables for the LED strip. One yellow(For turn signal) one white(DRL) and the other 2 are ground wires I took the yellow wire and tapped it into the positive turn signal pin. then I took the white wire and connected it to the LED parking (Assuming this is the parking light). Then I took both ground wires and will connect them to some screw in the engine bay. (Or would connecting both of them to the LED parking negative be fine?)

I'm following the 11-12 HID/LED diagram because my car was originally HID not halogen

Pin 22 is the LED parking + while pin 23 is the LED parking - (11-12 HID/LED)

·
Mr. Roo
9,723 Posts
Yes, that looks like it should do it. Connect the white wire to 7, the yellow wire to 9, and the black wires to 8. Do not use 22, 23, and 24. Those are for the original DRL strip to make it bright during the day and dim at night. You want yours just on full brightness with the parking light, so use 7. Pins 22, 23, and 24 probably have special voltages going to it just specifically for the original head lights. I assume you tried wiring the white LEDs to these, and it didn't work. So try #7, that should be the orange light on the side.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I tried that wiring and it still didn't work, so when I was playing around the high beam was able to power them on so I wired it up to that so far no problems. The only problem I have is the turn signals are hyper flashing now. They already have resistors connected to the turn signal but they still hyper flash.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts