Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a quote from the dealer and i was wondering if anyone else had, so i could compare. if you have, please post the options quoted with the price quoted, so things can be compared evenly. thanks

-GTE

·
Registered
143 Posts
Originally posted by IS300GTE:
i got a quote from the dealer and i was wondering if anyone else had, so i could compare. if you have, please post the options quoted with the price quoted, so things can be compared evenly. thanks

-GTE
So what was the quote?? How much and what are the options?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i was hoping to see some other quotes to make sure i was getting screwed, but i was told 33,5 with everything but GG rims and the rear spoiler for a IBP 02 5 speed manual IS. let me know if this sounds good? tia

-GTE

Originally posted by TNguyenIS300:
So what was the quote?? How much and what are the options?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Originally posted by IS300GTE:
[qb]well, i was hoping to see some other quotes to make sure i was getting screwed, but i was told 33,5 with everything but GG rims and the rear spoiler for a IBP 02 5 speed manual IS. let me know if this sounds good? tia

-GTE

To be honest, '02 model hasn't been around that much for us to determine if that a reasonable price... BUT if you compare it with '01...I think its a good price...
I still remember the sticker price on my car was $33,490 (w/o NAV, Spoiler, GG Wheel).
I was thinking the sticker price will be sky rockets !!!!! if you know what I mean...
Is it fully leather....Cause I thought I read a post in here where MSRP for Crystal white AUTO with fully-leather seats and NAV is $38K or somthing like that...

[ July 28, 2001: Message edited by: TNguyenIS300 ]

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
of course that sounds right.... the NAV option is very costly! so is the full leather ... $$$$$$ expect it close to $40K for a fully FULLY loaded IS300

·
Registered
180 Posts
i just got back from longo lexus and they just got in their first 2002 5 spd (silver) today. it was fully loaded...w/ EVERYTHING full leather, nav, heated seats, lsd, rear spoiler, moonroof, and the most expensive, (1700$) for chrome rims (which i think is a complete rip off. the sticker price came out to about 37,500 and the dealer said they weren't going to budge on the price. but after tax and license that comes out a little over 40 G which is a lot of money for an IS Manual.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i guess a manual with leather, moon roof, lsd, nav, heated seats, wheel locks, trunk mats and destination charge for 33,5 is good? i guess i should jump on this?

[ July 29, 2001: Message edited by: IS300GTE ]

·
Registered
921 Posts
People...you need to remember that these are the first of the new 2002's. The dealers are going to be trying to sell them well above sticker in the beginning. Especially because they are only coming in limited supply right now.
I was the one who saw a Crystal White one at Lexus of Valencia for 38,000. That was fully loaded automatic minus the spoiler.
If we are patient, then i feel that we will see more reasonable prices in the coming months. Just hang in there.

·
Registered
180 Posts
how are you supposed to try to bargain with the dealers on a brand new released car? i'm plannin on buying within the next two weeks to a month and any tips on bargaining would greatly be apprecieated.
thanks
jason

·
Registered
631 Posts
You can try playing one dealer off another. See what one dealer is will to offer, take that to another dealer and see if he will beat it. If so, take it back to the first, or go to a third if you have that option, and repeat till no one budges anymore.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Newbie here, but I went and test drove a 2002 silver with NAV and full leather at dealer in Carlsbad, CA. Can't remember what the dealer name is. Anyway, the sticker listed was somewhere between 36-37 for the auto. It had the heated seat but I'm not sure about the LSD. The manual should be about $1400 less.

·
Registered
221 Posts
IS300GTE, which dealership is giving you this quote? I'm not planning on buying one until the first rush dies down but I'd like to take a test drive though

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
they don't have any vehicles there yet, as soon as they do, i will post it, i am hoping that it will be on august 14th or sooner, but we'll see. i would guess that the lexus of alexandria or rockville would get cars in as fast, and the same day.

Originally posted by phi:
IS300GTE, which dealership is giving you this quote? I'm not planning on buying one until the first rush dies down but I'd like to take a test drive though

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also saw a 02 insta blue auto, looks just like 01 blue to me, w/o lthr,lsd,nav for 33.9...dealer said was pre ordered and sold for sticker...dealer had three 01's on lot and wanted to sell them for any reasonable offer..i declined..more 02's on the way..btw..the black dash on the 02's looks so much better then the 01's...

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you saw an Intensa Blue Pearl car? are you sure, as i haven't heard of anyone seeing one yet in person. actually, i just got my intensa blue pearl paint in today, and it was a bitch to get. can you say where and what dealership, and also, pics would be absolutely awesome! lmk about the dealer, and if you are sure it was IBP. tia (if so, that means that some IBP cars will actually be coming in the first wave of allotments, no one seems to have seen any on the allotments yet?!?!)

-GTE

Originally posted by shadow1980:
I also saw a 02 insta blue auto, looks just like 01 blue to me, w/o lthr,lsd,nav for 33.9...dealer said was pre ordered and sold for sticker...dealer had three 01's on lot and wanted to sell them for any reasonable offer..i declined..more 02's on the way..btw..the black dash on the 02's looks so much better then the 01's...

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Guys... please dont forget the majority of the Sticks will also come with the "optional" aka costly stiffer tuned suspension... which may also add to the final cost.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cool, thats what i was under the impression of, the question is, when the hell are they actually going to get to MARYLAND?!?!

Originally posted by Gonzo:
all 5-speed 2002 is300's will come with stiffer suspension at no extra cost.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts