Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an IS300 a few weeks ago and was wondering if there's anyone on this forum from winnipeg with an IS300. Would like to do a winter meet or something would be fun.

Let me know.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm also in the peg and have an IS. Don't think there's too many of us around, hardly see any on the streets...

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I'm also in the peg and have an IS. Don't think there's too many of us around, hardly see any on the streets...
When ever I am there on business in the winter, I have a hard enough time seeing the street! Nothing like driving on the ice pack.

I will say other than the bumpy ride, its more stable with sand than slushy big city roads.

You guys can't be lowered and driving on this ice pack in the winter...are you?
You must also have a ton on windsheild chips from the rocks and gravel...as well ?

Digger08

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is the first year I've driven my IS in the winter at all, will probably be the last too! I think it's a decent winter car except for the ride height, just not enough ground clearance on it for the amount of snow we get. At least I only have to drive back and forth from work and it's a 5 minute drive.

As for the windshield chips, not bad here for that at all, no freeways or high speed roads in the city to really get that stuff thrown up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so far no problems with ride height. My IS is all stock. This winter there's been a lot of snow early on so far but thankfully haven't gotten stuck yet. I've never had a problem with stonechips from rocks or sand on the roads.

Winter driving the IS is actually quite fun and a good learning experience...first time driving RWD in the winter :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts