Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300 5spd
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an IS300 a few weeks ago and was wondering if there's anyone on this forum from winnipeg with an IS300. Would like to do a winter meet or something would be fun.

Let me know.

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
I'm also in the peg and have an IS. Don't think there's too many of us around, hardly see any on the streets...
When ever I am there on business in the winter, I have a hard enough time seeing the street! Nothing like driving on the ice pack.

I will say other than the bumpy ride, its more stable with sand than slushy big city roads.

You guys can't be lowered and driving on this ice pack in the winter...are you?
You must also have a ton on windsheild chips from the rocks and gravel...as well ?

Digger08

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is the first year I've driven my IS in the winter at all, will probably be the last too! I think it's a decent winter car except for the ride height, just not enough ground clearance on it for the amount of snow we get. At least I only have to drive back and forth from work and it's a 5 minute drive.

As for the windshield chips, not bad here for that at all, no freeways or high speed roads in the city to really get that stuff thrown up.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300 5spd
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so far no problems with ride height. My IS is all stock. This winter there's been a lot of snow early on so far but thankfully haven't gotten stuck yet. I've never had a problem with stonechips from rocks or sand on the roads.

Winter driving the IS is actually quite fun and a good learning experience...first time driving RWD in the winter :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300 5spd
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A little update. Yes it's still me, mrbacardi from 14 years ago. I still have the same IS300. No rock chips in the windshield. I'm still in Winnipeg and have driven the IS300 every winter. Only got stuck once, believe it or not: it was in my backlane after a big snow storm. Still wanting to meet-up with folks from the city. Apparently our cars have become really rare (especially the manuals...which i have).

·
Registered
912 Posts
A little update. Yes it's still me, mrbacardi from 14 years ago. I still have the same IS300. No rock chips in the windshield. I'm still in Winnipeg and have driven the IS300 every winter. Only got stuck once, believe it or not: it was in my backlane after a big snow storm. Still wanting to meet-up with folks from the city. Apparently our cars have become really rare (especially the manuals...which i have).
Damn dude, my car is from Calgary and was winter driven...has a rust hole in the RR rocker panel. I hate to see how yours looks if you've driving it in the winter for 14yrs...

What's the mileage at now? I'm around 260k but only put about 10k a year on it now...it's strictly a summer car since it's too low and rusty for winter. Onterrible winters would kill this car with all the salt they dump on the roads.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300 5spd
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn dude, my car is from Calgary and was winter driven...has a rust hole in the RR rocker panel. I hate to see how yours looks if you've driving it in the winter for 14yrs...

What's the mileage at now? I'm around 260k but only put about 10k a year on it now...it's strictly a summer car since it's too low and rusty for winter. Onterrible winters would kill this car with all the salt they dump on the roads.
My IS300 has 161,000 miles. The car is originally from Michigan. I bought it in 2007 off of eBay...great car, still LOVE driving it. Smoothest car I've ever had.
The rust is currently not terrible. I plan to get a quote to repair it now before it gets worse.

Reactions: Piggity

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300 5spd
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just moved to Calgary in Dec 2021. My IS300 is still in Winnipeg (in my parents' garage) and I plan to drive it over here in the summer of 2022. I miss my IS...

Reactions: Piggity
1 - 9 of 9 Posts