Lexus IS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey everyone, brand new IS300 owner here, GGP 2002, stock for now. I'll be in san antonio for the rest of the summer but then I'm moving to galveston for med school. Let me know when to meet up and ill be there!

·
Registered
467 Posts
ok well game a place and time this thursday ill be out at i-10 and huebner got the amc meet at 9:30 ish

·
Registered
92 Posts
Damn.... it's about TIME!!! Got the call from the boys over at Henderson and today's the day! It's been so long (5 weeks) that I think I will be able to sit down in my car and have it feel like it's new all over again. haha.

Anyway, I am finally gonna make the meet tonight. what time do you guys usually start showin'? I'm talking about the AMC meet - I'm not even sure if they still do the NeoSpec thing anymore.

Also, I saw a new guy - CrunchyMilk (I think?) - The meet is at the AMC movie theater off Huebner and I-10... thinking around 9:00p or 10:00p is when it used to start. Been awhile. See you guys out there.

·
Registered
92 Posts
:pissed: I cursed myself... Why... Why!?!?!?! Well, at least I got to SEE my car today. But now they tell me it won't be until tomorrow. I just keep reminding myself that it will all be for the better in the end. But a word to the wise: Apparently the IS is NOT a featured ride in this area in the sense that there are no shops here that seem to REALLY know our car very well. So most of what they do is for the first time and that means they are pretty much learning as they go. Also, if you ever boost your ride... be prepared to pay out the @$$!!!

Anyway, i will be there, but it will be in my girl's A4. <sigh>

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yea i always get outta work at like 11ish on thursdays lately so im not sure if the drive from here is worth it around that time. Not sure how many people would be there...

·
Registered
467 Posts
ok well it wasnt really worth it this time but next thursday i know its gonna be packed and tight as hell people were already talking about it so everyone better go

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah, I figured that most ppl wouldn't show after it started raining, so wrote it off and stayed in. However... I FINALLY got the ride back!!! :bigSmile: So I am definitely planning on making the next meet. BTW, did you guys ever come up with a final result on the when and where for our IS monthly meet. Just a little toss-in from me: maybe we could make it happen on the weekend. It would sure make it easier for those of us who have to work early on weekdays, and have kids and stuff. Like I said, just a little suggestion from me.

·
Registered
153 Posts
definetly on the weekends because work gets me during the week days also lol. But i think one saturday outta the month would be the best... just putting it out there. And as for the location... not sure. I live in converse which im sure is far as hell from where you guys are located but ill make the drive anywhere for a IS meet : )

^^^^^^^ Congrats on getting your ride back!!! Cant wait to see it man.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey, here's an idea. Seeing how the Saturday time-slot for the soon-to-be IS meet is pickin' up, and some of us (like AngeLex) live on the other side of town, maybe we could do a meet that is a lil something more than just standing around like the AMC meet - which is fine, but obviously, we already have one of those. I was thinking something like Cha Chos or some other place like that that has a decent sized parking lot... That way we could still meet up, hang out, kick it, and get a lil eatin' in. The guys I used to ride with used to do it all the time it seemed to work out pretty good.

Anyway, it's up for debate... just offering a little from my end.

·
Registered
467 Posts
sounds good i think we should all meet up like a lil before the amc meet and meet each other and all roll up together. seems like that might be a same distance away from each other

·
Registered
92 Posts
Cool. So Cha Chos, then over to AMC...? Just to be sure - we are talking about the Cha Chos over there off of Perrin Beittle (sp) & 410, right? Sounds good to me. And it puts it a little closer for AngeLex. So what time were you thinking?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Cha chos is a perfect place! Not too far at all... And your right bishonen i definetly get hungry whil standing around and everytime ive been to chachos theres enough parking for all of us to park side by side. But is this going to be our monthly??? Or just for the AMC meets? im kind of confused???

But as for meeting at chachos for AMC.. i think around 8ish then roll out to AMC around 9ish would be the best. Whats your guys thoughts?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm open to ideas, but I could definitely see the Cha Chos meet up happening for both. The Monthly Meet and the pre-game meet before heading over to AMC. Giving us a chance to roll up to the place looking tight!

Anyone wanting to solidify the deal can just reach out there and make the claim. The suggestion has been made...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well then its set.... Cha chos is our meeting spot. Then off to AMC... You we can have this every thursday.

Then for the monthly meet... im thinkin first saturday or third saturday of each month and we can meet at cha chos. and maybe go on a nice cruise to a place where we can hold photoshoots and stuff..

Lets seal the deal guys~!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sounds like a deal. Count me in! I am sure there are still a few IS owners who have yet to read this thread, but they will eventually or we can let them know at the AMC meet.

So it's settled for the most part. :p

101 - 120 of 446 Posts