Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ya, Im from San Antonio.. My fiancee have 05 IS300 *I keep begging her to modify her IS300 and she dont want to..* and I have 08 IS250.. I bought the Lexus Is250 5 months ago.. I wanan meet IS people from San Antonio.. Guess what, there is a meet at NEo SPEC on I10 and Heubner on every Thursday night around 8 till 11.. On Friday, there is a meet at Hookah Bar on 410 and Callaghn where the GOld Gym parking.. There are no cops and ricers in the meet. Our team and other mature people chilling and talk about cars.. NO streetracing or donut in the meet.. Come over and let get along. Text my cell is 210-573-6688 and my name is MIchael.. NIce to meet u..

Before Pic:

After Pic: (Im still waiting for my buddy sell me full coilover for my new ride) *GFX front lower lip and Black JUN TW ROOF SPOILER*

Post pic of your ride:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Bro, Funny thing is... I just posted a similar thread about two weeks ago and still no leads. It's actually kinda sad to think that there are only older, strictly professional people who couldn't care less about tuning that own the IS. Anyway, I think I might very well have the only yellow IS in all of San Antonio... so you might have seen me pass by a time or two. Ultimately, it would be nice to get a few guys (girls...?) here in Saint Anthony together who love their IS to no end and want to see how things might work out into beginning a team, or even just gathering up every once in a while. Let me know what oyu think... BTW, the 250 is next on my list - like the ride, bro!

(Don't have any pix here yet, but there are a few on CarDomain, under Bishonen7)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bro, Funny thing is... I just posted a similar thread about two weeks ago and still no leads. It's actually kinda sad to think that there are only older, strictly professional people who couldn't care less about tuning that own the IS. Anyway, I think I might very well have the only yellow IS in all of San Antonio... so you might have seen me pass by a time or two. Ultimately, it would be nice to get a few guys (girls...?) here in Saint Anthony together who love their IS to no end and want to see how things might work out into beginning a team, or even just gathering up every once in a while. Let me know what oyu think... BTW, the 250 is next on my list - like the ride, bro!

(Don't have any pix here yet, but there are a few on CarDomain, under Bishonen7)

Dont worry keep the head up and ignore the older , professional people problem..

·
Registered
100 Posts
I go to UTSA so I stay on the north side. Would like to see some other IS's so I'm down for a get together. Right now I'm back in Houston for the holidays so I won't be back until mid January.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sounds good. The holidays will be keeping everybody pretty busy, I'm sure. But use the private messaging here, or direct email me at [email protected], and let me know what's up when you get back. Getting an IS gathering goin' on would be really cool since it seems to be a select few that tune the IS here in SA. Lookin' forward to meeting up. Oh... and have a good Christmas!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I work right down the street at Rackspace and I drive a 01 GGP IS300 that I am hoping to boost here soon. Whenever there is a meet I would be done. Would not be able to spend lots of time since I have a newborn at home and my wife would kill me if I was gone for to long. A get together sounds good though in January...

Herbie

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awsome!!! Im glad to see reply.. Hey do u know 1st generation white IS300 with lower *pretty much low with stock rims* and the girl is driving it? I wanna said the car look awesome.. I love to see stock IS slam with stock rims because it look aggressive... Anyway yeah this week and next week will be busy because Christmas and family gather for holiday..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sweeeeet... Now that's what I'm talkin' about. I think that everybody will agree that the rest of this month is taken up with other things, but JDMIS300 may have just got things moving in a positive direction for some gatherings in the not too distant future. In any case, I am definitely down. Maybe we could even set a date on it for Jan sometime.........?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweeeeet... Now that's what I'm talkin' about. I think that everybody will agree that the rest of this month is taken up with other things, but JDMIS300 may have just got things moving in a positive direction for some gatherings in the not too distant future. In any case, I am definitely down. Maybe we could even set a date on it for Jan sometime.........?
Sound good.. Im not in rush to gathering people to meet up but ya can go to meet at NEO Spec and AMC movie theater on Thursday night at I10 and Huebner.. Check it out and there are some people hanging out and chill.. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
hey whats up man

Just moved here from NEW YORK CiTY looking for place to hangout and watch street racer or to meet up with other IS drivers. let me know the name is Mike.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just moved here from NEW YORK CiTY looking for place to hangout and watch street racer or to meet up with other IS drivers. let me know the name is Mike.
Hey u drive the silver IS with H&R spring, roof spoiler, and lip kit.. Remember me, I was asking u about the suspenion u drop and we met at North PArk lexus service department waiting..

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I spotted Black IS with stock rims and lower pretty much low at North Star Mall... I was parking next to him and show my fiancee "you should lower the car like this".. She still said NO.. LOL DAMN IT!!! Do u have any idea who is the owner?

·
Registered
16 Posts
yup thats me man. ive seen a few IS dropped sinse ive been here , so it would be nice to find other owners, something to occupy my time in boring San Antonio.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hahaha... sadly, SA is pretty boring. I stayed just outside of NY (in Stanford, Ct) for about 6 months. I freakin' love that county-side bro! Seems like more and more of us are making it known that we are out there in SA. Just waiting to see if anyone names a place and time to hang. BTW... anyone know that guy (girl) who owns the white IS with Altezza badges and body kit. Really nice ride. Saw it parked about 2 months ago at Holy Spirit catholic church.

·
Registered
92 Posts
For a while there I thought that maybe I just imagined the white IS/Altezza... but I spotted it again yesterday rollin' into the parking lot at West Ave & Lockhill Selma, next to the Starbucks. Whoever it is, you've got a nice ride!!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Today I met NVMYIS300 at North Park Lexus.. I noticed his car and I walked in the mechanic room.. Mike recognize me and so we chatted.. This is my first job working today for a temporary car wash and then the manager will transfer me to lube tech soon.. It was great to meet Mike and Im glad I found a IS member.. He asked me how many IS hook up in SA? I told him not that many.. Ive seen the black IS, Mike IS, and the Yellow IS..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Whats up fellow SA Is owners. I have a 02 IS 300 white in color sittin on GS350 wheels. I do all the tint at North Park Lexus....SO if anyone needs anything drop a line and we'll work out a deal. Got a layer of Limo then a layer of 20% over my whole car. Perfect! lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
Finally!!!! A meet worth checkin' out!

Alright, this is it. Met with some of the IS guys this past Friday and the word is out: Huge meet going down this Friday (Feb 1st) at The Rim. It's looking like it's happening at the Lowe's lot at the moment. Let's show up in force and represent the IS scene here in SA. Cool? See ya there!!!:cool:

1 - 20 of 446 Posts