Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just got my car back from the dealer after having the 10k mile service done and it feels DIFFERENT and VERY SLOW. I have been noticing that around corners, I give it about 1/2 throttle or less and as soon as I line up with the road, I would floor it and the car accelerates like it did from the turn. The car doesn't get louder either, it just keeps SLOWLY accelerating.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: ..

neiiy69 said:
what where u driveing while the car was at the shop?
Well a friend of mine let mine let me borrow his C320 for a few days. That car may be slow off the line, but it seems a little torquey to me! If I timed it right, it would chirp the tires when shifting into second. It was a nice car and the power felt A LOT more than my IS's. :-?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is300hottie said:
OMG!!!

Your car is in desperiate need of F/I :eek: !!!!!
Get this taken care of ASAP

:lol:

No I cant help you with your concern...
I know I need a F/I :( However I still find hope that my car will drive like it did when I only had a tanabe racing medallion and blitz air filter (0-60 6.8 average) unlike my currents mods which are srt intake, teck grounding kit, xerd midpipe, and hks hiper (0-60 in 7.8-8.2 ) :whine:

·
Registered
831 Posts
maybe lexus secretly downgraded the car like mazda did with the RX8 :lol: :lol:

seriously though I dunno what would cause something like that :eek:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I know this might be dumb, did u change gears? na just kidding go back to the shop ask em if they fucked with ur setup

·
Registered
248 Posts
i NEVER trust dealers with my car or do i EVER take it to the dealer for service, i think most people would agree it is a no no. unless they are fixing something for free

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ISracer300 said:
i NEVER trust dealers with my car or do i EVER take it to the dealer for service, i think most people would agree it is a no no. unless they are fixing something for free
Why dont you trust them?

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
lexusaltezza said:
I know I need a F/I :( However I still find hope that my car will drive like it did when I only had a tanabe racing medallion and blitz air filter (0-60 6.8 average) unlike my currents mods which are srt intake, teck grounding kit, xerd midpipe, and hks hiper (0-60 in 7.8-8.2 ) :whine:
Do you have any type of A/F computer with those mods? If not your car will run very lean and likely make your car slower.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wxman said:
lexusaltezza said:
Do you have any type of A/F computer with those mods? If not your car will run very lean and likely make your car slower.
Well supposedly the SRT intakes ecu is doing its job. My first ecu that I got with the intake, didn't work and black smoke was coming out of my exhaust and I had to drive the car in limp mode for a days until they sent me a replacement.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also I initially wanted to get a Injen Intake and a S-AFC, but I coudn't find a place with a dyno around here or someone who knew how to tune a car with a S-AFC on a dyno. Polk performance said they had "access" to a dyno, but were going to charge and arm and a leg.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts

lexusaltezza said:
neiiy69 said:
Well a friend of mine let mine let me borrow his C320 for a few days. That car may be slow off the line, but it seems a little torquey to me! If I timed it right, it would chirp the tires when shifting into second. It was a nice car and the power felt A LOT more than my IS's. :-?
That's your problem. You were driving a slower car, so wen you get your car back, its gunna feel slower. especially since you have mods. And even though it may have felt faster, the C320 is SLOWER! especially with ur mods. A stock 320 and a stock IS.the IS will win every time. If that doesn't sound right, then cb8586 and onyx_is need to chip in to back me up.

·
Registered
147 Posts
wait, im confused how does driving a slower car make a fast car feel slower? :crazy: :crazy:

shouldnt it be reverse that if u drive a slower car, when u drive the fast car it feels faster? Or maybe im just wierd

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
lexusaltezza said:
Wxman said:
lexusaltezza said:
Well supposedly the SRT intakes ecu is doing its job. My first ecu that I got with the intake, didn't work and black smoke was coming out of my exhaust and I had to drive the car in limp mode for a days until they sent me a replacement.
I still think there is a problem here. The SRT ecu should not be programmed for the midpipe, hiper, etc. I would go to a local dyno and have them check yourA/F ratio and go from there.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts

10secondIS said:
lexusaltezza said:
neiiy69 said:
That's your problem. You were driving a slower car, so wen you get your car back, its gunna feel slower. especially since you have mods. And even though it may have felt faster, the C320 is SLOWER! especially with ur mods. A stock 320 and a stock IS.the IS will win every time. If that doesn't sound right, then cb8586 and onyx_is need to chip in to back me up.
EDIT!!! MY BAD!! I was thinking of the CLK320....not the C320. the C320 should be faster so you're right. SPANK ME!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wxman said:
lexusaltezza said:
Wxman said:
lexusaltezza said:
I still think there is a problem here. The SRT ecu should not be programmed for the midpipe, hiper, etc. I would go to a local dyno and have them check yourA/F ratio and go from there.
The srt ecu isn't programmed for the midpipe or hiper. Also like I said, I cant find a dyno in the little rock area.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
lexusaltezza said:
Wxman said:
lexusaltezza said:
Wxman said:
lexusaltezza said:
The srt ecu isn't programmed for the midpipe or hiper. Also like I said, I cant find a dyno in the little rock area.
Don Polk at Polk Racing in Bryant has one or there is a domestic shop in North Little Rock that has one too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts