Lexus IS Forum banner

Anyone else with this problem?

733 views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  IStheBest 
#1 ·
Is it just me or does anyone else have a driving speed of 80mph on the freeways. If I drive the normal 65 mph I'll feel like i'm driving too slow or something. Whenever I get on the freeway my speedo always just jumps to 80 and will stay there until I get off. I hope I don't get a ticket

See less See more
#4 ·
LOL, it's funny you posted tihs because I was just talking to my Dad about yesterday when I was driving home from the car lot, I felt like I was going to slow until I looked and I was going 85
I know, thats NOT GOOD AT ALL .. and not safe. It was my mistake because I was not looking .. I just really didn't know the car and still don't really know how much power it has .. but hey I'm learning alright!

#5 ·
It almost seems impossible to drive under 80 on the freeway. Cruise control is the only solution, and even thats hard b/c you'll fall asleep. Maybe just get a radar detector.
Originally posted by robskilove:
Is it just me or does anyone else have a driving speed of 80mph on the freeways. If I drive the normal 65 mph I'll feel like i'm driving too slow or something. Whenever I get on the freeway my speedo always just jumps to 80 and will stay there until I get off. I hope I don't get a ticket

#8 ·
It's so true...even this old lady is cruising at 75-80 ...yikes! The car just wants to go. I don't want to have to announce my first ticket on this forum...

#14 ·
You guys crack me up! Good to hear about this problem. Yes, I'm a problematic speeder as well. I came out of a huge 4x4 ext. cab Dodge. I'm used to putting the pedal down.

My commute to work & back is rarely under 85 m.p.h. I'm glad to have a good radar detector.

My wife, on the test drive was going 105 and didn't even realize it.

#15 ·
Originally posted by merlin3008:
i had this problem with my honda accord....imagine how bad i'll be with the IS
Merlin, trust me, you have no idea what you're in for

The IS is super quiet, and loves to be tickled with my right foot.

#16 ·
Me too. Car just begs to be driven.

I drove BMW 540i 6speed yesterday. It's even worse. It feels so normal going 120 (I did it only for a short period of time).

I got my first ticket in 3 years recently.
I floored it right before my exit 2am Friday night. 85 in 60. The cop was so happy.
He quoted me going 80 so I wouldn't have to go to court.

Even a good radar locator can only do so much.

#19 ·
This is so true. I'm acutally worse now that I installed my SRT Intake though. It sounds so good when you're accelerating hard.

I know I'm going to get a ticket at some point though. This car is just too damn fun to drive!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.