Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I was wondering how many people out there live where an IS is hard to find.

I live on the northwest side of chicago and i have the only IS for at least a 5 mile radious and this car gets so much attention because not many people have seen it.

When i buy a car that is an important factor, i dont want to drive a car that everyone else has. 200,000 accords are sold every year and i hated when i had mine cause it was just another accord.

i think this car is even more impressive because of the rarity.

I know you Cali ppl cant say much on this topic. There is an IS very few blocks, at least that what it seems like.

Later
ONYX 01

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
On average I see one a day. Not bad.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I'm with waiting4mine. I rarely see one. =/ Maybe twice a month.

-crontab -l

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

·
11,062 Posts
There's a white one that's garaged somewhere in my immediate area at home. I've seen the same car three times. I saw one black one and one silver one in my town and one silver one north of Seattle a week ago. That's it. (Mine's blue) I know there are others around 'cause I've seen them on the lot and they aren't there any more.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
not many here in MI at all. i've seen three so far: one driven by a guy, the other three by women. colors have been black (guy), two silvers (women), white (woman).

·
Registered
187 Posts
Crontab-

I see no IS's anywhere. I can’t believe it; I would have put my azz on the line that I would see just as many IS's as 330's. No way. When I went to Lexus for my second car I asked the dealer if they were having a hard time meeting expected sales. He claims they are only having difficulty moving standard colors like white and green. The Yellow, Blue, Silver and Auburn are out the door.... I can’t tell son, not many around.

BTW: Where you located?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've seen 4 or 5 IS300s on the road since it came out. Kind of odd since, there are BMWs, MBs, and other Lexus everywhere on the road.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Originally posted by Wiating4mine:
Crontab-

I see no IS's anywhere. I can’t believe it; I would have put my azz on the line that I would see just as many IS's as 330's. No way. When I went to Lexus for my second car I asked the dealer if they were having a hard time meeting expected sales. He claims they are only having difficulty moving standard colors like white and green. The Yellow, Blue, Silver and Auburn are out the door.... I can’t tell son, not many around.

BTW: Where you located?
I live in Central Jersey like you. Marlboro Township actually.

-crontab -l

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have only seen 2 other IS300's where I live, and have only seen each once or twice in the last 3 months.

------------------
Russell
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey Pearl

1 - 18 of 18 Posts