Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I was wondering how many people out there live where an IS is hard to find.

I live on the northwest side of chicago and i have the only IS for at least a 5 mile radious and this car gets so much attention because not many people have seen it.

When i buy a car that is an important factor, i dont want to drive a car that everyone else has. 200,000 accords are sold every year and i hated when i had mine cause it was just another accord.

i think this car is even more impressive because of the rarity.

I know you Cali ppl cant say much on this topic. There is an IS very few blocks, at least that what it seems like.

Later
ONYX 01

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
On average I see one a day. Not bad.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I'm with waiting4mine. I rarely see one. =/ Maybe twice a month.

-crontab -l

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

·
11,062 Posts
There's a white one that's garaged somewhere in my immediate area at home. I've seen the same car three times. I saw one black one and one silver one in my town and one silver one north of Seattle a week ago. That's it. (Mine's blue) I know there are others around 'cause I've seen them on the lot and they aren't there any more.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
not many here in MI at all. i've seen three so far: one driven by a guy, the other three by women. colors have been black (guy), two silvers (women), white (woman).

·
Registered
187 Posts
Crontab-

I see no IS's anywhere. I can’t believe it; I would have put my azz on the line that I would see just as many IS's as 330's. No way. When I went to Lexus for my second car I asked the dealer if they were having a hard time meeting expected sales. He claims they are only having difficulty moving standard colors like white and green. The Yellow, Blue, Silver and Auburn are out the door.... I can’t tell son, not many around.

BTW: Where you located?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've seen 4 or 5 IS300s on the road since it came out. Kind of odd since, there are BMWs, MBs, and other Lexus everywhere on the road.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Originally posted by Wiating4mine:
Crontab-

I see no IS's anywhere. I can’t believe it; I would have put my azz on the line that I would see just as many IS's as 330's. No way. When I went to Lexus for my second car I asked the dealer if they were having a hard time meeting expected sales. He claims they are only having difficulty moving standard colors like white and green. The Yellow, Blue, Silver and Auburn are out the door.... I can’t tell son, not many around.

BTW: Where you located?
I live in Central Jersey like you. Marlboro Township actually.

-crontab -l

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have only seen 2 other IS300's where I live, and have only seen each once or twice in the last 3 months.

------------------
Russell
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey Pearl

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
15 Participants
Russell
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing