Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at the Alpine Power NAV system. (Like what Silver IS posted up on the Interior Board) Can we get the Altezza Video Module for the space on top of the air vents? has anyone else thought of adding DVD and NAV to their IS? Let's share some ideas on what might work well. Thanx.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Originally posted by rarjoon:
I am looking at the Alpine Power NAV system. (Like what Silver IS posted up on the Interior Board) Can we get the Altezza Video Module for the space on top of the air vents? has anyone else thought of adding DVD and NAV to their IS? Let's share some ideas on what might work well. Thanx.
The Pioneer Navigation is much better than the Alpine in my expirience/opinion.

------------------
Mark Jones
www.MarkLeeJones.com

·
13,978 Posts
IMO i like the alpine dvd nav system better! i've seen the pioneer one too. i was thinking about getting the alpine one but as for the dvd player i was just gonna buy a portable one and plug that into the car (then you won't have to worry about security issues with your dvd player or the alpine screen since you can unplug the screen too). there really isn't any place you can fit the the alpine dvd in dash player.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I think you maybe able to ask someone to fabricate a cover for you, but as far as getting the Altezza dash, I don't think that is possible.
Also, slightly off topic, does anyone know a good GPS system to have for laptop? I am thinking about getting that instead of getting a car GPS.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know this isn't what you are looking for but I thought I would add it.

If you don't need a full time NAV/GPS system (I only use mine on long trips) and you have a laptop, you may want to look into getting an Earthmate or StreetFinder Deluxe package.

The StreetFinder is easy to use and cheap, I got mine for $50-70. It included the GPS receiver and software (uses the etak roadmap data). The software is cool, it has a "kids' mode" that changes the icon that shows your location to a different animal based on how fast you are driving.

Farch

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Daniel.... Im not talking about any cover... Im talking about the OEM Monitor used in the Altezzas on their NAV's I think it would look and fit a lot nicer than an after market video. on the dash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts