Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to get a new cd player installed because mine decided to eat my cd's for lunch. Anyone else had this problem.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
I think everyone has had problems with the CD...I took mine in today to get replaced.....its my 3rd

·
Registered
464 Posts
mine is starting to skip on the last couple songs on CDs i burn :(

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
yea i just replaced it..
n when they were working on my car.. they made scratches all over the place!!!!! :pissed:
n it seems like they wont do nothing...

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Wow yellow, you're on a roll with the shitty posts, arentcha!

Click me!

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
sleepy said:
I use my CD changer all the time and no problems for 20k miles.

Drive gently over bumpy roads.
You just jinxed yourself. I was in a similar scenario. I lasted almost 3 years, ~37000 miles and just replaced it on Tuesday.

-crontab -l

·
11,061 Posts
Mine's in the shop now....3rd CD player. First one died with no notice last year and the second one croaked when I got rear-ended hard last month.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Mine just went out yesterday... I called Lexus of Omaha and they had to order me a new CD player. I can't believe Lexus is installing such crappy CD players.

·
Registered
360 Posts
My CD player has given me a couple of errors over the years, but I've found that with some fiddling, I've been able to get all the stuck ones out. It may take 10 minutes of turning the power on and off repeatedly, or some other steps, but it's worked for me. Out of curiosity... do any of you spend any time trying to fix the problem yourself before sending the car back to Lexus?

·
11,061 Posts
LexNeffect said:
I've had mine for about 2 years now and no problems right now. I guess I'm just really lucky so far. :D

Ck

SSHHHHHHH! It might hear you. My first one lasted just about 2 years and then died for no reason.

·
11,061 Posts
mrwhite89 said:
Mine just went out yesterday... I called Lexus of Omaha and they had to order me a new CD player. I can't believe Lexus is installing such crappy CD players.
Yeah...and if you had to pay for it it runs $1,000 with installation...at least that's what they're billing the insurance for mine...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yah, lots of people have had issues with the IS cd changer throwing out error message and/or having CDs jammed in there. Lexus has been using Pioneer for their standard stereo systems since Lexus was introduced. I don't know why they switched to Fujitsu Ten just for the IS.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
SeattleSheila said:
mrwhite89 said:
Yeah...and if you had to pay for it it runs $1,000 with installation...at least that's what they're billing the insurance for mine...
its a warranty issue...how come they billed your insurance company??

mine was replaced last week for the first time....and my car has a build date of 8/00

·
11,061 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
SeattleSheila said:
mrwhite89 said:
its a warranty issue...how come they billed your insurance company??

mine was replaced last week for the first time....and my car has a build date of 8/00
Because it jammed as a direct result of impact during a collision.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts