Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And people don't look over and acknowledge your ride?

Let's face it. After we install a new mod, we'll go for random cruises just to make sure our cars see more street time and more eyes get put on our ride. Pretty much every light we pull up to we scan the entire intersection seeing if we spot anyone turning heads and staring at our car, we look out the corner of our eyes trying to spot anyone pulling up next to us in our peripheral vision to see if they're looking our rides up and down because we know they should be envious of us for owning one of these coveted timeless pieces of machinery and we look for them to validate that by appreciating the hard work, time, effort and vision we put into our cars to get them where they are. It's what makes it all worth it.

So when I pull up to a light after a fresh new mod and I notice people are blatantly trying to avoid looking at my ride, I won't lie I start to get a little heated. Sometimes I'll let it go and just time the light, rev it up and drop the clutch on them so they get left in the smoke/dust so they have a reason why they couldn't see my ride.

But then there's other times they just don't have an excuse and they'll catch me on a bad day where I just won't let it go. I'll straight up hop out in traffic on a mofo real quick for trying to act like they're too good to look over and appreciate my ride. I'll hop out in traffic and come across the hood like I'm fkin Vin Diesel and do a couple thumb to nose flicks like somebodies about to catch an ass whoopin.

But I won't even whoop anybodies ass, I'm not about to catch a case, I'm on my 3rd strike. I'll just hop out at the light, swing my door open with authority, run and do the ass slide across the hood to get next to the person/car in question, then just start pointing out all my mods. I'll point out my freshly painted front lip and side skirts, my brembo brakes, show them how low my car sits and with my thumb/finger show them how little of a gap there is between the wheels and fenders. And guess what? They're going to take notice, you can bet your bottom dollar they're going to look over and acknowledge your ride every time then.

I've had to hop out on some clown in a minivan one time because he was trying to act all hardcore and not look over at my is. As soon as I came across the hood and touched pavement this dude took off in his minivan. So I was like "wtf you really trying to fkn race me? Are you serious? Don't you know I got the 2j?" And since I didn't have enough momentum to do the boss slide back across, I just palmed the middle of my hood and did a parkour hurdle to get back in the drivers seat quicker.

Then from there I was gone. I caught up to this dude in 2.5 flat and passed him, got infront and hit my hazards just to let him know he got slapped and he's not seeing me or my 2jz. Not off the line, and not even with a 2 football field head start.

You just don't disrespect someone's ride like that, if their car is fresh you take the time out of your day to look over and appreciate it, maybe even roll your window down and throw them a compliment. Because I tell you what the next few lights I had everyone's attention, and I would expect nothing less of my car.

So don't be a dbag and act like you're too good to check someone's car out and admire it. You don't know what that person might be going through and you don't know what their car is capable of. These cars are people's pride and joys, these cars are people's lives, these cars are who they are, so when you disrespect someone's ride, you're disrespecting them. And you should know what happens when you disrespect the wrong person to their face. Because I'll tell you this much right now..

My car is not the one.

·
Registered
838 Posts
A nod is good, but I don't much like the limelight

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
^--no maches, con sombero y fumando.

I give credit where credit is due. I'll nod if I think a car is cool. I don't usually throw up the peace symbol because I live in the hood and I don't want to get shot/look like a Japanese girl taking photos.

But if a ride is ugly as hell and beat to crap, I always remember my brother's words, "Don't look too long, or they'll think they're cool." And sure enough, if I look at a car and try to wonder what the hell he was thinking, the driver always does something stupid like drop the clutch (who are we kidding, they'll shift from neutral into gear) or do the one-handed steering wheel hold.

·
Registered
99 Posts
^--no maches, con sombero y fumando.

I give credit where credit is due. I'll nod if I think a car is cool. I don't usually throw up the peace symbol because I live in the hood and I don't want to get shot/look like a Japanese girl taking photos.

But if a ride is ugly as hell and beat to crap, I always remember my brother's words, "Don't look too long, or they'll think they're cool." And sure enough, if I look at a car and try to wonder what the hell he was thinking, the driver always does something stupid like drop the clutch (who are we kidding, they'll shift from neutral into gear) or do the one-handed steering wheel hold.

Hahah, this is great. I concur with this!

·
Mr. Roo
9,728 Posts
Let's face it. After we install a new mod, we'll go for random cruises just to make sure our cars see more street time and more eyes get put on our ride. Pretty much every light we pull up to we scan the entire intersection seeing if we spot anyone turning heads and staring at our car, we look out the corner of our eyes trying to spot anyone pulling up next to us in our peripheral vision to see if they're looking our rides up and down
Yep lol. But that was before. As wishful as I can be, MD just sucks for people who care about you, your car, or your mods. It's just me, myself, and I out there. No waves, no stares, no glaces, no races.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Yep lol. But that was before. As wishful as I can be, MD just sucks for people who care about you, your car, or your mods. It's just me, myself, and I out there. No waves, no stares, no glaces, no races.
You're a freakin poet..

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
You get mad because random people don't have their face pressed up against their window to stare at your car at every light? What are you, 15?
You also said you hopped out of your car and was pissed because a minivan didn't take notice of your car? Lol, you think that it was disrespectful they didn't smile and gaze at your car? It is not. If you rushed out of your car while at a light, screaming about your mods like some lunatic, then they took off, what do you think they were thinking? They probably thought you were going to attack or jump them. If you jumped out of your car and rushed at anyone, you could find yourself looking down the muzzle end of a gun very easily. So that's just stupid and you are just asking for trouble. You're full of shit and you better not be using alt-nik account, I will find out. If you are, ALL accounts under that IP will be banned for good.

·
Cherisher
4,833 Posts
It was cute at first but now it's just old.

I see you're spreading misinformation in the public forums now. Act like an idiot all you want in your own stupid threads but don't spread your bullshit when real members are asking for help, troll.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
You get mad because random people don't have their face pressed up against their window to stare at your car at every light? What are you, 15?
You also said you hopped out of your car and was pissed because a minivan didn't take notice of your car? Lol, you think that it was disrespectful they didn't smile and gaze at your car? It is not. If you rushed out of your car while at a light, screaming about your mods like some lunatic, then they took off, what do you think they were thinking? They probably thought you were going to attack or jump them. If you jumped out of your car and rushed at anyone, you could find yourself looking down the muzzle end of a gun very easily. So that's just stupid and you are just asking for trouble. You're full of shit and you better not be using alt-nik account, I will find out. If you are, ALL accounts under that IP will be banned for good.

Here's a vid of him sliding across the hood.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
hahaha ^^ yeah that's him!

RUCK said:
I'll point out my freshly painted front lip and side skirts, my brembo brakes, show them how low my car sits and with my thumb/finger show them how little of a gap there is between the wheels and fenders.
RUCK, is this how you show them the wheel gap? cause I would sure leave if some dude would look at me doing this:

·
Technical Poseur
23,314 Posts
I'm sorry but its true, youre bringing on the heartbreak. Takin' all the best of me, Oh can't you see? You got the best of me. Whoah can't you see? You're bringin' on the heartbreak, Bringin' on the heartache. All on yourself.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
But God forbid you say anything rude. Mods will let stupid shit like this run rampant on the forums but you say fuck or shit anywhere else that's not the parking lot and you'll get warned like a motherfucker. Case in point, waiting for my warning.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts