Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty straightforward.. I was just seeing if any of you lucky mofo's had a chance to get a baseline dyno yet, I'm excited to see the results! Please post up some results, and if you havent been to the dyno yet you better get your asses down there.;)

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody.... :(

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
WOW... 80 hp drivetrain loss...!?!?!? that Fooking 8 speed slush box must SUCK power............. or butt?

doesn't that seem like alot of power to lose between crank & wheels for a 2 wheel drive car?...like 30 or so too much...?

·
Registered
16 Posts
WOW... 80 hp drivetrain loss...!?!?!? that Fooking 8 speed slush box must SUCK power............. or butt?

doesn't that seem like alot of power to lose between crank & wheels for a 2 wheel drive car?...like 30 or so too much...?
1/4 mile trap speeds indicate the engine should be underrated at 416hp and closer to 430-450bhp. Something definately doesn't add up if they are only putting down 334rwhp and trapping what they do...

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
1/4 mile trap speeds indicate the engine should be underrated at 416hp and closer to 430-450bhp. Something definately doesn't add up if they are only putting down 334rwhp and trapping what they do...
GOOD POINT..

just like toyota underated the supra tt as well...:p

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dyno

I contacted K&N in Riverside and am hoping to take my car to them to get some dyno runs done on it, in exchange for a prototype K&N air intake systems installed onto my IS-F. I'll try to post the before and after results. Hopefully they will accept my vehicle submission. I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
334rwhp thats weak.stock 335 dyno 300rwhp

·
Registered
14 Posts
there are a lot vids on youtube for the IS-F mainly during shows, i remember seeing one of them saying that they were seeing 400hp on the wheels......cant find it though :confused:

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im really curious to see what it puts down. My V is rated at 400 and it put down 330 bone stock, which is entirely common but at the same time really pissed me off. It doesnt take much to free up the power though w/ v8's, I picked up 50rwhp with catted long tube headers, intake, exhaust and a tune. Im sure the IS-F will be able to have some nice gains with similar additions.:)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Dynos differ a LOT. Can't go by ONE dyno. My first dyno - dyno dynamics totally stock car gave me a result of 239 rear wheel HP. BUT, I still manage a 13.2 in the 1/4 bone stock. So, I'm scratching my head... so I go another dyno - a dynomax or something and suddenly I have 20 more HP at 259. Some IS350 guys say they have close to 270 hp stock on their dynos.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dynos differ a LOT. Can't go by ONE dyno. My first dyno - dyno dynamics totally stock car gave me a result of 239 rear wheel HP. BUT, I still manage a 13.2 in the 1/4 bone stock. So, I'm scratching my head... so I go another dyno - a dynomax or something and suddenly I have 20 more HP at 259. Some IS350 guys say they have close to 270 hp stock on their dynos.
Ok so if IS350's are getting 13.3 1/4 consistantly, why is it so hard to believe that a car with over 100 more horsepower and much quicker shifts can't get a 12.6- 12.8 1/4 mile....and it is still an automatic, and automatics generally lose 20% on the drivetrain, 416HP - 20% is almost 334rwhp.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Ok so if IS350's are getting 13.3 1/4 consistantly, why is it so hard to believe that a car with over 100 more horsepower and much quicker shifts can't get a 12.6- 12.8 1/4 mile....and it is still an automatic, and automatics generally lose 20% on the drivetrain, 416HP - 20% is almost 334rwhp.
We actually have an IS350 in Virginia running 12.88 1/4 mile

with Joe Z Intake, Tanabe Exhaust, Secondary Cats removed & front seat removed for the run..

Joe Z :cool:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
you guys are fkn daft,UNDER RATED :p :p ,just like my IS250MT

1 - 20 of 88 Posts