Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to say it but the IS is going soon. That car is exactly what I have wanted performance wise in my car since the beginning. Granted I'm sure I'll drop $10k into wheels, stereo, suspension but still the C32 is what the IS should be. I know it's $20k more, but I've found some low mileage one in the high $30's. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
The C32 AMG is one phat ride. One of my buddies just got a new 2003 white C32, and let me tell you it's a bullet !

It's just as fast as a Vette, but you ride in luxury and class and it handles amazing.

It's a lot of coin though, and for the looks of the car I wouldn't make the purchase. On the road it looks like a regular C class. For that type of money I'd recommend an M3.

Hope this helps.

Latez :chill:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Man, your crazy. I want your occupation hehe. You just got your S/C, you still feeling the speed bug??

Anyway, its up to you. I have never driven one. But, obviously it must be sweet. The more i think about it the more im liking my stock IS. I have trouble controling my heavy foot lately. No tickets in 8 years, now i got an 88 and a 96 in the last month...sigh.

Well, honestly i love the handling of the IS, but Benz do make great cars. What sold you on it? Is the performance that much better then ours?

Edit: Never mind. Just saw the AMG part...obviously it handles better

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Damn, that SC didn't last too long on you. Just out of curiousity, why are you selling the IS300? Just didn't want all the hassles that came along with adding a SC? Good luck with what you decide on.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, nothing like that. In fact I still have some plans before I "dump" the car. Valve upgrade, dyno tune, and totora brake setup. With so much stuff done to the car I figure get out while the gettin's good. Something is bound to break eventually and I'm better selling with under 40k miles! I'd just like something bad ass from the factory. Besides I've done all I can to this car, it's time for a new project. So any buyers out there drop me a line.
Dean 8)

·
Registered
390 Posts
A good friend of mine has one and he let me drive it, I must say it sounds and performs impressively!! The car just rolled out!! Grant it, it does look like a C Class from a far, but if you know what to look for, you'll know!! It's kind of got the sleeper look going on. To the user who posted to get an M3, two of my friends have both, and they race on the street and at the track, and the C32 won every time!!! :eek: Good luck in your choice!!

·
Twisties Addict
12,212 Posts
shootza said:
The C32 AMG is one phat ride. One of my buddies just got a new 2003 white C32, and let me tell you it's a bullet !

It's just as fast as a Vette, but you ride in luxury and class and it handles amazing.

It's a lot of coin though, and for the looks of the car I wouldn't make the purchase. On the road it looks like a regular C class. For that type of money I'd recommend an M3.

Hope this helps.

Latez :chill:
might of been one of the dumbest comments i have ever heard......you say that you dont like the c32 cuz on the road it looks the same as a reagular c class......but then you recommend to him "for the money an M3" :lol: :lol: ummm last i checked the M3 is just a faster 3 series...yeah thats right i think it is :lol: :roll:

·
Registered
385 Posts
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
shootza said:
might of been one of the dumbest comments i have ever heard......you say that you dont like the c32 cuz on the road it looks the same as a reagular c class......but then you recommend to him "for the money an M3" :lol: :lol: ummm last i checked the M3 is just a faster 3 series...yeah thats right i think it is :lol: :roll:
What he meant was the C32 AMG doesn’t have many visual distinguishing features vs. a regular C-Class. The M3 has much more visual distinguishing features vs. a regular 3-Series than the C32 AMG does from a regular C-Class.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Bucman said:
Man, your crazy. I want your occupation hehe. You just got your S/C, you still feeling the speed bug??

Anyway, its up to you. I have never driven one. But, obviously it must be sweet. The more i think about it the more im liking my stock IS. I have trouble controling my heavy foot lately. No tickets in 8 years, now i got an 88 and a 96 in the last month...sigh.

Well, honestly i love the handling of the IS, but Benz do make great cars. What sold you on it? Is the performance that much better then ours?

Edit: Never mind. Just saw the AMG part...obviously it handles better

The speed bug made a permenant home in my shoes and he refuses to leave. I thank him for it :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.