Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ve always here people going up to 100, 120, 140 on the forums. Have anyone ever get cought doing 100+?

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
There is absolutely NO reason anyone should be going 100+. It's inexcuseable, and anyone who does get caught is on their own to face the consequences.

However, I don't think there is a single IS300 owner in this forum who HASN'T gone 100+. :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
341 Posts
i almost got caught it was great that the cop just was looking the other way when i went into the other side of the road to pass this slow bitch doing 80+ on a 40. oh yeah i have gone over 100 easily :crazy: :chill:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
ive done it a couple of times and its not fun anymore. its just plain stupid. if you want fun, go to a canyon or mountain road...now THATS FUN :D

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
why go over 100+???
why not? i do it when there isnt a slight possibility of causing a havoc or getting pulled over.

i think its perfectly ok as long as you know what you're doing.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
i almost got caught speeding the other day but it wasnt doing a 100 :( cop turned on his sirens and everything good thing he was on the other lane and there was cars in from of him and couldnt turn around :crazy:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Driving 100mph+ - ? yeah, sure, a lot of owners out there have likely done that, but what I'd like to point out is the feel of the car at 100+ speeds. From 80 until about 120 or so, the car feels just fine. No unstable feelings, weird rattlings or excessive wind noise. Maybe that comes in part from being lowered, but I'm definantly impressed that I can fly down the highway at 120 to catch up to a Modena for my passengers to take pictures, and don't even notice my speed untill the Ferarri pulls off.
"Oh sh*t, we're at 120? How the hell did that happen all of a sudden?"

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have done a 100+ in my car, but when I was younger I was clocked at 160mph in a 55 mph zone on my bike... After all was said and done, it was probably one of the biggest mistakes of my life, and cost mucho $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

CS

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
03white said:
I have done a 100+ in my car, but when I was younger I was clocked at 160mph in a 55 mph zone on my bike... After all was said and done, it was probably one of the biggest mistakes of my life, and cost mucho $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

CS
you must have quadzilla thighs if you can pedal fast enough to make your bicycle go 160 mph :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
971 Posts
XCstud said:
03white said:

CS
you must have quadzilla thighs if you can pedal fast enough to make your bicycle go 160 mph :eek: :eek: :eek:
I think he means Motorcycle. :lol:

·
Registered
4,019 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't see what's the big deal about 100mph??? Car is made for it, tires can handle it... what's the biggie? Most of my traveling in Europe was well over 100 and people were passing me by without a sweat :oops:

·
8,880 Posts
RX300wannabeIS300 said:
I don't see what's the big deal about 100mph??? Car is made for it, tires can handle it... what's the biggie? Most of my traveling in Europe was well over 100 and people were passing me by without a sweat :oops:
The difference is it actually takes skill and practice to get a license in Europe. Here every yahoo and his cousin has one.

Me too have been over 100 numerous times. However, as I get older, it happens less and less often.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
ÜberPhLuBB said:
There is absolutely NO reason anyone should be going 100+. It's inexcuseable, and anyone who does get caught is on their own to face the consequences.

However, I don't think there is a single IS300 owner in this forum who HASN'T gone 100+. :wink: :lol:
When I read your first sentence I was thinking :pissed:

After reading your second sentence I was :D

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
blueIS said:
why go over 100+???
why not? i do it when there isnt a slight possibility of causing a havoc or getting pulled over.

i think its perfectly ok as long as you know what you're doing.
Keep in mind that no matter how good of a driver you are, if your tire blows while doing that speed, there may be some serious consequences. Don't get me wrong though, I do it from time to time myself. :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts