Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Particularly in the L.A./O.C. areas.

If so, anyone willing to help me out? I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to the engine/tranny and the bleeding part is what I'm scurred of. I'm willing to pay a reasonable amount, if need be. Please PM me with info.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
hey man, get together with Edgy, JDM-SXE-10, and me, we will be doing this all to our cars. We are all in Socal so come join. IM Edgy for more details.

The CDD MUST BE REMOVED it really hinders the shifting in my opinion.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Malekreza11 said:
hey man, get together with Edgy, JDM-SXE-10, and me, we will be doing this all to our cars. We are all in Socal so come join. IM Edgy for more details.

When are you guys doing it??? let me know. I'll call Ed and Obb later.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Malekreza11 said:

Sweet man! Thanks!

EDIT - I just PM'd Edgy and I asked him to chime in on this...

Thanks again!

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
hey doods!

ok......

yeah we planned on doing this... oh ... like this weekend or so... but now that i have well and truly fucked up my car last week, we are playin' the waiting game....

I expect to get my car back by Mid November (PLEASE LORD MAKE IT SO!!!) & if so we can shedule this for something late November like the weekend of the 22nd or the 29th....

my back yard/garage will hold about 6+ IS's parked in tight formation
so we can do as many as that with out leaving any one out front in the driveway or street....

I have a MOTIV Power bleeder, an older Vacuum pump & another brand new Mity Vac Vacuum Pump & this should make bleeding the cylinders a snap plus we can do more than one at a time........ i estimate 30 minutes to do this if all goes smoothly... plus the set up time & assorted stuffthat pops up.. .figer 2 hours to 3.5 hours MAX.. from when y'all arrive & i throw open the side gate.... untill we are done with all 6-7?? cars........& ready to take a nice DRIVE to the beach

This was to be the swap method...I already have several of the brake union pieces available for the original 3 playas....... I just need to get a roll call of all the new folks interested also, so i can roll down to Napa & pick up a few more of these pieces. There is one really close to my house so it is no sweat....

I have plenty o tools etc & several bleeding tools so if one car is using the motiv bleeder then the others can use the Mity-vac or the other vacuum pump tool i have... simpler but works just as well......you all will need to bring your own Replacement brake/clutch fluid tho... if you have basic tools & floor jack or jack stands also that will help to get started on several cars at once... not many tools needed really a few 10/ 12mmm open end wrenches & a 8-mm closed end for bleeding the slave cylinder bleeder nut.....

i'll get the NAPA pieces needed, they are 6 bux & change.... reimburse me on the day, bring yer 6bux, preferred fluid & a six pack of GOOD beer each & a good attitude, & we'll have a party... (not kidding... show up w/ Budweiser or Bud light & yer out on yer ass... no xceptions! :shame: ... hit up Trader Joes they have good beer cheep too)

.. the odd 12pk of coronas will do also 8) & y'all are buying my lunch too :lol: :)

currently, I have these folks in line for this install day.. ...
edG
Obb
JR
Malek
Frydryce
simon?
who else...????

hey Malek.. .i will do yer car's CDD deal if you can do my system install the same day here at my place... & save me a trip down to Irvine.... just bring all the shite you need to use for the install & we will kick some ass that day, i have reciprocating saws, wiring tools, crimpers, connectors, drills, drill press, etc too... :crazy:

edG

·
Registered
278 Posts
edgy said:
hey doods!

ok......

yeah we planned on doing this... oh ... like this weekend or so... but now that i have well and truly fucked up my car last week, we are playin' the waiting game....

I expect to get my car back by Mid November (PLEASE LORD MAKE IT SO!!!) & if so we can shedule this for something late November like the weekend of the 22nd or the 29th....

my back yard/garage will hold about 6+ IS's parked in tight formation
so we can do as many as that with out leaving any one out front in the driveway or street....

I have a MOTIV Power bleeder, an older Vacuum pump & another brand new Mity Vac Vacuum Pump & this should make bleeding the cylinders a snap plus we can do more than one at a time........ i estimate 30 minutes to do this if all goes smoothly... plus the set up time & assorted stuffthat pops up.. .figer 2 hours to 3.5 hours MAX.. from when y'all arrive & i throw open the side gate.... untill we are done with all 6-7?? cars........& ready to take a nice DRIVE to the beach

This was to be the swap method...I already have several of the brake union pieces available for the original 3 playas....... I just need to get a roll call of all the new folks interested also, so i can roll down to Napa & pick up a few more of these pieces. There is one really close to my house so it is no sweat....

I have plenty o tools etc & several bleeding tools so if one car is using the motiv bleeder then the others can use the Mity-vac or the other vacuum pump tool i have... simpler but works just as well......you all will need to bring your own Replacement brake/clutch fluid tho... if you have basic tools & floor jack or jack stands also that will help to get started on several cars at once... not many tools needed really a few 10/ 12mmm open end wrenches & a 8-mm closed end for bleeding the slave cylinder bleeder nut.....

i'll get the NAPA pieces needed, they are 6 bux & change.... reimburse me on the day, bring yer 6bux, preferred fluid & a six pack of GOOD beer each & a good attitude, & we'll have a party... (not kidding... show up w/ Budweiser or Bud light & yer out on yer ass... no xceptions! :shame: ... hit up Trader Joes they have good beer cheep too)

.. the odd 12pk of coronas will do also 8) & y'all are buying my lunch too :lol: :)

currently, I have these folks in line for this install day.. ...
edG
Obb
JR
Malek
Frydryce
simon?
who else...????

hey Malek.. .i will do yer car's CDD deal if you can do my system install the same day here at my place... & save me a trip down to Irvine.... just bring all the shite you need to use for the install & we will kick some ass that day, i have reciprocating saws, wiring tools, crimpers, connectors, drills, drill press, etc too... :crazy:

edG
TO: Whoever is coming.

All right you crazy fok's!!!!

when you come to his place leave you're attitudes in the front and you're brain cells in the garage!

-J.R.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hahaha count me in as one Edgy...

One more thing, what brake/clutch fluid is recommended for our IS's?

And you don't have to worry about attitude from me, c'mon now, with a SN like four20 :lol: ?

When the deadline draws near, I guess we can bump this thread, or create a new one with specific info.

PS - Newcastles it is...

Edit - name's Matt btw :D

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
newcastle is good ... I am partial to Shiner Bock ... if any of y'all can find this FINE ass TEXAS BEER!!!

or BASS ale too :) :p

no worries on the attitude stuff ... most everyone i have ever met thru this site is cool as all hell....

besides if i get any attitude from any of youze guyzzz i'll just sick the Chow Chow on yer asses

he'll lick the skin right off ya :wink:

sledGy

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
J.R. said:
edgy said:
dunno LTG.......possibly.... if we do will u buff our helmets...??

:lol:

:wink:

Can you say Choo Choo! (train) :lol:
:lol: u guys are too much. I think she's still down... can i join if i provide the Zaino? j/p....

yo have fun w/ the mod guys.... sounds like its gonna be a good time. damn me and my Esh*t... oh and someone should bring some Red Stripe for good ol Edg to try.... jamaican ale.... :chill: Just dont go out driving and wreck your car again....

Unless you want some Absynth... :wink:

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
Redstripe... mmmmmmmmm

I DRANK LIKE 3 CASES OF THAT SHITE IN MO BAY & NEGRIL WHEN I WAW ON MY HONEYMOON!!!

MMM MMM good!! i can find it here now too in my local 7-11

I WANT ABSINTH!!!!

Hook it up Uptown!!! :crazy: :crazy:

i totally forgot to find osme when i was in Nice & Paris earlier this year..... Pissed me off too as i was planning to find some o' da REAL fruit of the Wormwood Tree!!!

PS i drive better after a few drinks...... :wink: too bad i was not drunk when i crashed the car... then i would have had a more legitimate excuse than a stoopid phone ringing :pissed: :pissed:

next time...

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.