Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just scheduled mine today, with my dealer and they said it would take 2hours!
what exactly do they do for the 15K and is it supposed to take 2hours?
oh, im not taking a loaner cuz im not old enough.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Phil,

Here's what they'll do...btw, how much are they charging you?

"Major Service A"

Replace engine oil and filter
Rotate tires
Inspect engine drive belts and hoses
Inspect brake pads, discs, lines and hoses
Inspect steering linkages and steering rack and pinion
Inspect chassis nuts and bolts
Inspect body condition
Replace trnasmission fluid
Replace differential oil
Inspect air condition filter
Inspect wiper blades
Road test vehicle
Clean vehicle
Inspect tire pressure and tire wear
Inspect/correct all fluid levels
Clean engine air filter
Inspect ball joints and dust covers
Inspect drive shaft boots
Inspect exhaust pipes and mountings

Good Luck!!

Warren

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just got mine done. It took just over 2.5 hours. I also had them look at the drivers seat creaking and the drivers door popping. I think they charged ~$200 for the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
How many miles do you think you'll get out of the tires LexDymndz and KillerFred, assuming you're still rolling on the stock 17"s

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stimpy,
I neglected to ask how much it cost. hmmmm, maybe i should ask, huh?

SilverLex,
My tires are going and going fast. Im looking into getting new rims and tires this month. Im thinking of going +2 by 8"-8.5" all the way around.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My driver's seat squeaks too... did they fix it? If so... what was the remedy? My dealership told me it was not reproducible.

Originally posted by Killerfred:
I just got mine done. It took just over 2.5 hours. I also had them look at the drivers seat creaking and the drivers door popping. I think they charged ~$200 for the whole thing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had my 15k mile checkup done in may.. they charged me about 450$ for it.. looks like i got ripped off..
also they were suposed to do the ecu/trac upgrade the same day.. but when i came to pick the car up the next day.. they told me their computer doing upgrades was broken and they couldnt upgrade.. still havent heard back about it.. i have had a couple of issues that they never seem to be able to "reproduce".. such as the seat squeeking.. poping speaker.. frame seems to creak whenever someone gets out of the car or it goes on uneven ground.. and sometimes the car just seems to sway a little bit while driving on the freeway from side to side.. (that might just be tire pressure.. though they said the alignment was fine) also there is still a weird burning smell that comes out of the exhaust.. i notice it when i park after driving home.. on one hand the car still runs quite nicely.. however i dont feel like i'm being overly picky about these things and lexus doesnt seem to really want to fix it..

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
My car is at the dealer today. Went in and didn't tell them I wasn't 21 so I got a loaner.

They're charging me over 400 bucks...

200??? are you sure?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yea, I'm sure. I just checked my records, 228 to be exact. I also got the loaner with that. They also have ordered my Trac / ECU upgrade and will call me when it's in.

DJ - Yes, they did fix it. They greased the track on the drivers side, which seems to have fixed the problem. They also tightened the door hinge, which has fixed that problem for now.

·
Registered
103 Posts
SilverLex - As far as tread wear, I'm probably going to get more out of them than ususal, as I have winter tires that I drive on from October to March. However, I think that I am coming to the end of my tread life now. I'm noticing some of the signs (or so I'm told) of depleated tread. I have just over 17,000 miles on my car now.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok. i did my 15K.
it took less than two hours (no wash)
they put all the dip sticks back in this time
they changed the oil
changed the air filter
told me i need new tires soon
and thats all i could tell they did, besides mess up my seat position and turn off my radio.

oh and while i was at the dealer i picked up a little something...
the L-Tuned "carbon" grill
and i got a GS trunk "L"

just put it all in... and its ok.
i looks better than the stock grill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts