Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically what the topic says... I plan to pay them a visit on Saturday. By any chance to do we have any readers from the Chicago area? Any experiences with local dealers you can share? Thanks...

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Rob I purchased my IS300 from McGrath Lexus(Chicago on Division street) and they were nothing but the best! Very helpful and they had at LEAST 30 IS300's in their lot's. Every color every option! My sales man was David Moore. He is in my opinion straight up and honest about everything. He put ALL the numbers on the table and basically came up with a price that made me happy. They also gave me a great price on my trade in. One note though, saturdays are VERY busy for them. If your ready to buy the car they will more than be happy to get you in a new IS that day however with my expierence if your still undecided on the car and need to look it over they may ask you to come back on a week day when it isn't so busy and they can spend some time with you. Like I said before they are very straight up and honest, no BS. If ya have any more questions just ask,

Mike

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
My experience with mcgrath was TERRIBLE....
since i am younger (23) they treated me like i was 8 and didnt have anymoney.
I bought my IS at Bredemann lexus in glenview...They treat me with the most respect and always call me MR. Carlin, I love that. They have free HAND car washes every saturday of the year and also have a Huge Breakfast buffet while you wait, you can bring the family down too!!!! its a whole family experience there!!!!!!
I definatly recommend them!!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Originally posted by RobC:
Basically what the topic says... I plan to pay them a visit on Saturday. By any chance to do we have any readers from the Chicago area? Any experiences with local dealers you can share? Thanks...
I got a condascending feel from McGrath, but that's probably because I told them I was only researching. Still, inappropriate. Bredemann, as previously mentioned seems to offer a pretty good deal, in addition to the breakfast buffet and free car wash. Even back in December, they were willing to take 2-grand of MSRP. Not sure how far Bredemann is from you. Go to Lexus and do a dealer search. Bredemann's internet salsesman is Dave Hahn. Good luck

Also, if you're in Chicago on June 16th, and enjoy driving the competition, don't forget to go to mbpowertrip.com and sign up for the Mercedes Driving event!

[ May 25, 2001: Message edited by: Michael ]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback guys. Anyone dealt with any other Chicago area dealers? I'm in Naperville....

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts

So, how'd it go Saturday? Did McGrath make you a new IS owner?
Any deals? Good inventory?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went to Mcgrath with troubles with my cd player 3 weeks ago and they were suposed to call me back when it came in and still no call back

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't get the IS... shopping for higher end cars (such as this one) as proven to be fairly discouraging. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
I didn't get the IS... shopping for higher end cars (such as this one) as proven to be fairly discouraging. Oh well.
Well, don't get too discouraged, some people find the quest for the best deal almost as much fun as driving out the door. I'm just curious how you liked McGrath. That's one dealership I may end up working with on my '02 IS3 pursuit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't go to McGrath. I went to Gerald Nissan and drove off in a Majestic Blue Nissan Maxima SE 20th Anv. Loaded. Got 3.9% financing for 5 years, and a decente price on the car. I'm happy with my decision even though it's not what I was originally looking for. Thanks for your help guys...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I shopped @ McGrath and they where very helpfull, nothing bad to say.

But, I bought at Bredemann, and I couldn't be happier. They beat McGrath's price and had the Graphite Polished I wanted, that McGrath said took over 4 mo. to get.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I talked to someone at Bredemann Lexus...over the phone the guy sounded helpful, but the car was still damn expensive. Everyone claimed you couldn't get a Blue IS w/ black cloth interior, sunroof, lsd, and graphite polished. I guess I can believe that. People who buy Lexi probably don't skip the leather

·
Registered
56 Posts
McGrath Sales treated me well although they put me on a list for a silver IS300 (back in June of 2000) and had 6 people ahead of me. I wound up buying my car on June 23 (the day they came out) at Lexus of Orland which had no waiting list. I wound up paying MSRP.

I've had one bad experience with McGrath Service. I scratched my rear bumper and they recommended what turned out to be a schlock company that paints bumpers. They were lousy! I had it painted twice and it still wasn't a good job. I told McGrath and they helped me complain but it still doesn't excuse them from recommending such a bad shop.

By the way, how much off MSRP are the IS300's selling for in the Chicago area?

ELS

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The guy from Bredemann in Glenview IL, quoted me $32,230 on a loaded Blue Is300 w/ every option. MSRP was 35 something. I guess that's pretty good considering all I did was call the guy and say "What can you do for me?". I got his number if anyone is interested

·
Registered
21,494 Posts
I went to Arlington Lexus in Palatine.

My salesman was a jackass. He won't even speak to me or acknowledge me since I brought up the LSD issue. I told them I will never buy another car there and would not refer anyone there even if my life depended on it.

They do have a good service department. Expect for the fact that they got ink from a pen on my leather and my car has a nice long scratch all the way across the roof from them washing it.

Ok, so how much do you have to pay for a car to actually get really good sales AND service?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is300girl: Frustrating to hear. With all due respect to you, I'm guessing they gave you the typical female treatment, pigs!

·
Registered
21,494 Posts
Is300girl: Frustrating to hear. With all due respect to you, I'm guessing they gave you the typical female treatment, pigs!
Yup, they sure did. Gotta love men - and car salesMEN at that.

Hey are you coming to the meet on Sunday?

·
Registered
21,494 Posts
I would if I had an IS :-/

Where is being held?
LOL. It's in the parking lot behind Hooters in Schaumburg. There is a post about it in the All Together Now forum.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Originally posted by is300girl:
LOL. It's in the parking lot behind Hooters in Schaumburg. There is a post about it in the All Together Now forum.

Hey IS3 girl, don't laugh too loud at us with IS envy
I'd be behind Hooters too if I had an IS. By the way, there's a free driving event sponsored by Motor Trend this weekend in Chicago. I think space is very limited at this point, but it's worth a try. Here's the address for those interested:
http://www.motortrend.com/feb01/drive/drive_f.html

[ May 29, 2001: Message edited by: Michael ]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts