62 degrees Fer.
63% humidity

From what I can figure
167.1 rwhp @ 5700rpms (BEST)
165.2 lb-ft @ 4100rpms (BEST)

Flywheel rating from Lexus
215 hp @5800rpms
218 lb-ft @ 3800rpms

So that means I'm losing 23% hp through the drivetrain. And 25% lb-ft of torque. Based on this dyno divided by the flywheel rating from Lexus. Does this make sense?

·
Registered
151 Posts
IS300GTE,

Did you went to lot of lexus dealer and dyno each is300 they have OR are you just damn lucky to get that car? :eek:
I wish i have a car like you ,

viz

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Here is a DYNO of one of my test cars...

Test Car: 03' 5 Speed w/ Stock Filter and 4,090 miles...

Results

DYNO Run #001 .... Baseline - 100 % stock
Max POWER = 185.7
Max TORQUE = 194.0

DYNo Run #003... My Custom Intake with Stock filter only..
Max POWER = 192.6
Max TORQUE = 198.5

Joe Z
:chill:

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i purchased the first one on the east coast, i didn't have any choice :)

if you think thats good, check out Jedi's stock dyno

vizcounty said:
IS300GTE,

Did you went to lot of lexus dealer and dyno each is300 they have OR are you just damn lucky to get that car? :eek:
I wish i have a car like you ,

viz

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
lol, no shit, i never even noticed that

the only reasonable guess i can give, is that the operator thought it was an 01 because it was dynoed in august or september? i didn't fill in the info that time with the dynojet software, so they just put in the wrong stuff and didn't ask me.

-gte

ImpulseXvX said:
GTE...why do those dynos you show say its for an 01?

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
IS300GTE said:
lol, no shit, i never even noticed that

the only reasonable guess i can give, is that the operator thought it was an 01 because it was dynoed in august or september? i didn't fill in the info that time with the dynojet software, so they just put in the wrong stuff and didn't ask me.

-gte
Gotcha.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
IS-300-Rulez said:
wow, i never knew it was THAT much of a difference between manual and auto... :roll:
Well from what I learned on this board... An auto is extremely hard to DYNO and sometimes the numbers are not accurate... Plus not every car will have the same DYNO result, regarless auto or 5 speed...

It all depends what end of the assembly line the engine fell off of!!! :lol: :lol: j/k

Joe Z :chill:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey GTE,
That second dyno graph where you measured horsepower on each gear is cool. I never saw one for the IS. Just wondering if you shifted at redline for each shift (except the 2-3 shift) for the smoothest transition of power? I'm guessing you shifted a little early on the 2-3 shift since you didn't get to 60 mph on 2nd gear and power slightly dropped after the shift?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i wasn't paying too too much attention as to where i shifted, plus i didn't shift that hard, as i didn't want the car to come off of the dyno if i were to loosen a strap or a chalk. even though it was only stock torque, it still would be stupid to drive like that on a dyno. out on the street when the car was n/a, i shifted right around redline.

-gte

stickninja said:
Hey GTE,
That second dyno graph where you measured horsepower on each gear is cool. I never saw one for the IS. Just wondering if you shifted at redline for each shift (except the 2-3 shift) for the smoothest transition of power? I'm guessing you shifted a little early on the 2-3 shift since you didn't get to 60 mph on 2nd gear and power slightly dropped after the shift?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
10 Participants
IS300GTE
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing