Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.avelectronic.com

How was your experience purchasing from them?

I'm looking at buying these:
Plug&Play Navigation-cable Version (No wire cutting)
Bullet Type CCD Color Mirror Image Rearview Camera

Any good? Anyone purchase these?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
If you get that camera, i'd be interested to know how you mount it (or how much the mounting kit costs from them). It sounds like this is not included from their website. (I wanna mount that camera in the trunk keyhole.)

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Great guys to buy from.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i have their unit, some of the dvd's may have a curled edge. As for the camera, i have a custom installed rear view camera.. and i also bought a similar camera and mounted in the front of the car. I don't believe that camera will fit that well in the keyhole.

[thanks to TheDon for the picture]

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
peter,

what camera did you buy for your keyhole then?? i would like to purchase it if i decide to purchase they're nav/dvd unit.

anyone know why i should buy from them instead of video-nav? their prices are cheaper. thanks for any input

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
1NewLexIS300 said:
peter,

what camera did you buy for your keyhole then?? i would like to purchase it if i decide to purchase they're nav/dvd unit.

anyone know why i should buy from them instead of video-nav? their prices are cheaper. thanks for any input
the curled up screen of some of the dvd's may be a turn off for you. but i usually watch vcd's so its not a big deal for me.

i had the camera installed by an audio installer on clublexus. 818 motoring. its VERY SMALL in comparsion to the bullet camera on AV..

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
That billet cam is .9".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts