Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna get a 10 inch sub in my trunk with an amp, im gonna have it all isntalled. I was wondering if they can keep the stock stereo. And also how much work it will be. I dont want them messing up my car.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I did it myself - a booster amp draws signal from the rear speaker wires, and I used a "free air" sub so no need for an enclosure.

It sounds _great_

·
Registered
115 Posts
I PUT A 12 INCH IN A SEALED BOX IN MY TRUNK. SOUNDS GOOD. I USED AN XTANT SUB AMP SO I COULD SPLICE OFF MY BACK SPEAKER WIRES WITH NO OTHER COMPONENTS. THE AMP IS MOUNTED ON THE REAR DECK UPSIDE DOWN SO YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE IT WHEN YOU LOOK IN THE TRUNK. MAYBE TOOK ME A HOUR AND A HALF TO PUT EVERYTHING IN.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've got a 750W 15" MTX in my trunk. The box is huge, so I have to space left except for a few cubic ft. Oh well, trunk space is over-rated

I've got the input spliced from one of the rears. The hardest part I found with installing the system was where to attach the lead. Took my friend and I an hour to find the wires running to the outlet in the armrest. It kicks.
Does anyone else notice the fact that their trunk wants to pop open and the gas cover absolutely wants to explode off? Maybe I just have too much power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.